A week in the life of a Product Manager at Monzo 🧑‍💻

Hi everyone :wave:

My name is Shnay, I’m a Senior Product Manager at Monzo. I’ve written a blog post to give an insight on what a typical week looks like for a Product manager at Monzo.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on what you do differently or if you have any questions you’d like me to answer :grinning:

8 Likes

Interesting to see that you have the names of team members in the text of the “Summary” field for the issues in Jira

Not sure that is a route we would go down, but nonetheless good to see a different take on matters to stretch my thinking on the matter

Thank you so much for sharing! It really made me happy to read that I’m already doing 90% of those things in my job, either within projects or sometimes working with the product team on improvements (I’m currently a Senior Technical Project Manager), because if I decide to change a job, I’d definitely want to apply for a Product Management position at Monzo! Really interesting read.

3 Likes

Hi Shnay

I found this very interesting. I recently did a similar post internally and its always a surprise once you begin writing how much work you actually do in a week. One question I had is: Do you have Product Manager roles that sit below your Senior Product Manager role? Just wondering if there is a team of product managers that work with you on these tasks or do you have multiple senior PM’s in one squad?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.