2017 In Numbers

A look at last year in numbers and infographics! Courtesy of @sunny and @zancler

Thanks to everyone who came along for the ride! :smile:

We’ll be looking ahead to 2018 next week, sharing an update on our plans and ambitions for the year to come.

21 Likes

Some amazing numbers there!

I have one question though. It says people spent £5.67m on McDonalds, then says people spent a total of £6.7m on takeaway. Is McDonalds not counted as takeaway? Or do Monzo users really get 85% of their takeaway from McDonalds?

I mean, I probably get 85% of my takeaway from McDonalds, but people tend to mock me for it, so I assumed I was unusual :wink:

2 Likes

I’m amazed by those travel numbers. I’d never have guessed they’d be so huge.

If you eat in, McDonald’s might be classed as a restaurant? :thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Great to see these numbers as always - over 350% user growth! - the ‘big’ question’s still unanswered though - how many users are getting their salary paid into the current accounts now?

8 Likes

I am, so the number is at least 1 :joy:

2 Likes

They’ve got deliveroo as eating out as well, surely that would count as takeaway.

1 Like

There’s also 200k current account users about to be hit in the next hour or so!

I like that I can work out what % of those stats I am with relative ease.

1 Like

I am assuming those travel numbers could be from online purchases? Whereby I buy from the US but never leave my home…

1 Like

Love it, what a fabulous way to present the numbers.

Over a billion! Way to go!

I’m interested to know the breakdown of Groceries, be interesting to see what the supermarket order is! @bea

3 Likes

Or salary-like things, such as student finance payments…

Pretty sure McDonald’s is classed as a restaurant, seeing as they’re called ‘McDonald’s Restaurant’ :slight_smile:

Are these extrapolated figures correct:

~485k users
‪‪Payment volume: ~£965MM
Usage abroad as % of total volume: ~33%
‪Average annual spend per user: ~£1990‬ (down from £5280 in 2016)

I’ll give them a ring and book a table :grinning:

It’s a restaurant and please don’t tell me wife otherwise!

2 Likes

As soon as they bring in the switching service I will be across, until then I am paying about 50% of my salary by standing order.

1 Like

The site doesn’t work at the moment. It gives a cloudflare 502 error connecting to monzo.com.

Working fine for me.

This is one of the reasons I hate CloudFlare…