XBOX Series X

Good to have Monzo, got the notification this morning that the DD has been set up.

So if Smyths don’t have stock, at least I know I can cancel the DD easily enough. Although they have said no money will be taken anyway. But prevention is better than cure.

I just glossed over the all access as meaning something do to with game pass,

I guess Microsoft could still go straight to klarna themselves.

Smyths all access restock

Absolutely no way I’m trusting them again!

But if they have just restocked and haven’t sorted out everyone who had issues yesterday that’s terrible!

After much deliberating, I just ordered a series S via smyths with all access, because Game wouldn’t let new customers do it that way. :roll_eyes:

Pretty smooth process on day 2 compared to all the issues yesterday.

Now I have until November to figure out if I’ve made the right decision and cancel if necessary.

One thing I’d like to see in the future with selling hardware as a subscription, is for these companies to move the processes in house and do thinks similar to the way Sky and Virgin, or ISPs loan you the hardware.

1 Like

Well that’s not good. :grimacing:

I’ll need to tread carefully if I decide to cancel my order closer to launch, to make sure I don’t up being billed by Klarna.

Hopefully those affected have the hard search reversed.

Key takeaways for me:

• $219. Not sure how this translates into the £159 price @Addzy mentioned above. I hope it’s £159 in the U.K.
  • Series S games will only be around 30% smaller, whilst the console storage is 50% smaller than series X.

Seriously considering cancelling my pre order, and trying to get hold of a series X around launch.

1 Like

In case anyone didn’t know, you only need the official Xbox expansion card if you want to be able to play off it directly

This is what I want. I hate the idea of having to micro manage my games and transfer them between a disk drive and the console.

2 Likes

I really think Sony got it right in going with regular PCIE storage expansion and not a custom card made by one vendor.

Sony’s flash will get cheaper over time but who knows how the Xbox cards will go?

I do think people overvalue hardware aesthetics in general but who wants a USB drive plugged into their living room console and then have to manage their storage.

2 Likes

A heads up for Destiny 2 Xbox players.

With the addition of Destiny 2 to gamepass, all add ons and expansions now get 10% off if you’re a gamepass subscriber. This includes the upcoming expansion for Beyond light. The saving won’t be applied retroactively, so you’ll need to cancel your pre-order and pre-order again to net the 10% discount.

1 Like
2 Likes

£219 :grimacing:

Time for me to seriously consider cancelling my Series S pre order and grab a series X instead, I think.

That’s my thoughts exactly, I probably won’t need one but was hoping if I did that it would be around 160/170.

I was seriously considering cancelling my X and going with an S, literally no point at that price

1 Like
2 Likes

Best place to try and get an Xbox series x on pre order? Every site is sold out

Game instore

1 Like

OK thanks