Wise Discussion (previously Transferwise)

This is cool. Swift is a messaing app like whatsapp or imessage, but a bit more archaic.

When a bank sends a Swift message saying “customer X wants to transfer £50 from UK to customer Y’s bank P in country India” Swift does not handle the transfer, but enables the bank to tell someone to handle it.

According to this, it means Wise can now handle these transfers.

Because every bank uses Swift anyway, this enables Wise to be an almost drag-and-drop replacement in their systems to potentially get much cheaper transfers, while giving Wise much broader market share and more profit :thinking:

5 Likes

That’s great for the banks. Anyone want to place bets on whether they will pass on the savings to their customers :eyes: :moneybag:

New design seems to have come.

2 Likes

I do prefer the old design :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, looks cheap. Have ordered a replacement card anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the two folks above me are on about, because the new design is a lot better IMO!

#teamecowhite tho. That card is the best. A shame they’ve stopped doing them.

3 Likes

My card looks same as in this printscreen in app :grin:
Was ordered in Apr 2022 :smiling_face:

So for me, new looks/is Mastercard sign & Platinum word only :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t get the new design :frowning:

Can add your Wise to Monzo now :smiling_face:
Some info

4 Likes

Side note: access is granted for 365 days? I thought the limit was 90 days across the industry or has something changed here?

1 Like

There’s no limit now afaik.

It’s down to the end entity to set one if they want to.

Some of my revolut services are until 2072, truelayer and some others. Not connected banks, more services.

1 Like

Somehow new design has launched in Japan.
I got it today.

2 Likes

This is really annoying. Yes it only takes a few minutes for me to update my payment details, but this is the second time I’ve had to do this in the past year and a half.

Looking at Twitxer the most annoyed people seem to be businesses. We’ve been given 18 days notice of the change, which doesn’t really work when you’ve already sent out invoices with 30 day payment terms…

4 Likes

What do you have those cards laid out on? Is that Wise inner packaging?

Yes, it is. This font is featuristic.

1 Like

When you tap on statistics, 1st thing you see is this window now :face_with_monocle:

:grimacing:

1 Like

I’m aware they’ve paused allowing people to open new USD balances too. Existing accounts aren’t impacted.

1 Like

Received an email today, service fee for interest changing :face_with_monocle:

Nevertheless they still offer the highest interest rates for easy access accounts in the UK.

1 Like