Wise Discussion (previously Transferwise)

So if I register my monzo world elite to Mastercard I’ll get the extra perks? Never tried, but intrigued to see if it works :eyes:

Oh aye so it does let me register.

Can’t see the Hertz offer though.

1 Like

You can register any MasterCard but what you see depends on the type you have. I think Monzo only issue MasterCard World which is lower tier than World Elite i.e. you don’t see as many offers.

I’ve the Curve Metal which is World Elite but you can also get HSBC Premier, RBS/NatWest Black, etc. which are World Elite.

Monzo Metal Premium says world elite on the back.

I’ll try my curve and revolut cards see what they say

1 Like

New payment limits :nerd_face:

3 Likes

This was a quality read. Read it on the back of Wise’s pop in results and share price today:

Some of the growth in metrics is seriously impressive. Uniquely, profitable hyper growth just as you said.

4 Likes

Not much more, but still :up:

1 Like

Can Wise call it interest if it’s not guaranteed?

1 Like

Probably. HMRC’s use of the term interest covers more than just income from bank deposits. See “Interest covered by your allowance” on the following page:

2 Likes
1 Like

Not sure if this has been posted before - I did try a search but not the easiest to find. I recently connected Wise account from my Nectar account (just for a laugh) and it was fairly easy process. This got me thinking why Monzo doesn’t connect to Wise - it can’t be difficult and would allow easy transfer.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

What do you by connect to Wise?

If you mean to transfer money from Monzo account to Wise account via open banking, you can already do that from within Wise’s app (the “simple bank transfer” add money method).

If you mean to send money internationally via Wise from within Monzo, this is already available.

I mean why can’t we see the transactions and balance(s). It acts like a bank account so why not see it as a bank account like we do for Santander or NatWest

1 Like

I did speak about Wise possibility to be connected on Monzo before :thinking:

Still, there is a trouble. Monzo currently shows its multiple fiat accounts, but doesn’t calculate all expenses in one, only GBP ones :grimacing:
I guess, it would be same with Wise :expressionless:

1 Like

I see. Probably worth registering that interest in threads focussed on connected accounts, such as this

1 Like

:+1: done

2 Likes

When will Wise issue this design? I feel I’m waiting for several years…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
images_514f185a48a07755f0fde21a7b372ba2-Card_Scene13_2211223-1200

1 Like

I had my card replaced recently and it’s not that yet. I don’t know if we’ll ever get it

1 Like

Never. They should double down on the white one. That one is lovely.

4 Likes

Next plastic card design will be same as new virtual ones (focusing on Wise responses on social channels) :thinking:

2 Likes

A new service on its way :face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

1 Like