Why is it so hard to speak to a live agent now?

I think someone in senior management probably did get a grip, when support was really good and also really expensive. Someone with a nice presentation slide about unit economics and some stock phrases about ‘difficult decisions’. That’s how I reckon it ended up where it is now, and I don’t reckon it will change

6 Likes

Wrong.

Your 8% assumption was through the pandemic, not today, with a constant drive in recruitment and investment in colleagues frontline and specialized areas.

When the masses of new customers come through at 100k a month, keeping staff levels for demand is tricky and many £ has been spent in self help material and guides to help the majority who don’t need human intervention.

You’ve not told us what the problem was yet? Does it need human intervention or, in most cases as shown here and being ex staff, customers can be lazy and refuse to help themselves or even bother looking, and reach for a human instead because it’s "easier’ and I wholly disagree it should be easy to contact a human (but also not as trivial as some make out, as it’s never been a problem for me to find what I need etc).

So. What did you need them for so badly you’re unhappy for the delay in service?

6 Likes

The existence of help articles definitely don’t influence whether you can see the “Chat with us” appearing.

Perhaps some poor words on my behalf, I was just trying to include those who may still get the option appearing at the bottom of their screen like I do sometimes as opposed to others.

1 Like

I’m not going to divulge information on a forum.

I was expressing that I was unhappy with the level of service, justifying why I needed help on here isn’t relevant.

3 Likes

Nobody said that you cant complain at the level of service, you do that to monzo directly:

We don’t want to know fine details of your financial situation, nobody asked.

You can generalise your query, as you have done your complaint, and then allow someone who’s potentially been in the same situation to help you out as you’re not happy with monzo helping other people too.

I can see where this topic will land up, so I’ll wish you good day. :wave:

2 Likes

Someone literally asked me above.

Well this thread is a rollercoaster of emotions, claims, help, stubbornness, and randomness.

If it’s an emergency, you’ll be able to get through. All depends on the route you take to support instead of directly chatting to someone.

Support isn’t 24/7 for most things - which as a beta user I’m fine with tbf - so long as I can freeze my card anytime and start emergency contact etc, then I’m all good with that.

3 Likes

Strangely, not my intention. I was trying to flag an experience I had today, and a lot of people are clearly a bit hurt by it.

Cult-like brands scare me.

Not sure it’s a cult, just a customer forum trying to let you know that it’s not due to cost cutting, which you seemed adamant about.

If you need help, the app’s the way to go, and you can contact support if you need but it won’t get picked up till support hours allow.

But without knowing your issue no one can help :man_shrugging:t3:

Also, to point out, while you can give your opinion people can rightly challenge it and vice versa

4 Likes

Can I commission @Revels (or one of the AI experts) for a Monzo-pentagram?

1 Like

Absolutely.

But like I said why would I share the issue on an internet forum? What would come of me doing that other than for some over-zealous fan saying to use the app?

I’m just feeding back as per a forum allows. I didn’t say nobody could challenge it, but it just got way too emotional and heated in here like you stated.

1 Like

You’d get an answer, or promote discussion as a forum tends to try to push, and then people can see if your case is founded, or just as alluded to (or stated) above, just because you think you should be able to contact support, and not self-help. And not giving a vague help background, makes people make their own connection to that end - not a great representation for yourself I guess.

Also the people that told you to use the app are a mixture of customers, non-customers, ex-staff and current staff. Their fan levels are not disclosed…

If you put it in the feedback category, or use one of the other feedback threads, sure. But you didn’t do either of those… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They spoke to support, the issue was having to answer some multiple choice questions first :man_shrugging:t3:

I think those questions are different to searching self help as I went through them recently. Can’t remember fully though.

Anyway, thanks for the flag whoever did it :heart: I get very few so it makes me feel special.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m not familiar with the forum I haven’t been on in a few years so didn’t know the different categories to post [edit: not posted a topic sorry]

This was a pretty significant issue. I was trying to understand why the service had gone downhill, which would have started the discussion to see whether Monzo was still right for me.

Instead I got quite a lot of very invested users getting a bit upset. Not sure what you mean about a representation of myself, it’s an anonymous forum.

1 Like

I feel the service I’ve received hasn’t gone downhill, so must be unique to your situation, or demands of whatever you’re doing or using Monzo for.

Your message just came across a bit ranty, and people pointed things out to you, and then you started talking nonsense about things being better under previous leadership, or it being due to cutting costs, and pursuing profit, all which just devalued your initial rant.

The extra information about how or which service has gone downhill, or what significant issue you were facing just adds context that lets people see things from your perspective - ie. “I needed to contact them because I had been mugged and needed to freeze my card” is different context which people can relate with, vs “I wanted to contact them because I needed to find out why my direct debit in 3 days hasn’t appeared”.

Anyway, we’re probably done here. Enjoy yourself, and good luck with whichever bank, if you decide to move. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I work in fintech, perhaps I’m a little more clued up on these points than most. Starling for example will be in profit in June, Monzo I can imagine won’t be. Their redundancy figures are public, as are their losses. It’s not nonsense is it.

I could do both things within the app, I’m not contacting them for that.

Shutting down discussions like feels a bit strange to me.

I believe Monzo are on track for profitability this year. But also, as you’re in fintech, you’ll know that Starling have already reported a profit, so if they’re not in profit in June again I’d be surprised.

Do you have a link to articles where Monzo have made redundancies since their round in 2020, which was due to the pandemic? Their losses are known, but then that’s known of a lot of businesses in their initial phase - look at Uber, Tesla etc.

Not saying the context of the support you’re complaining about feels a bit strange to me.

3 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

This was mainly due to bounce back loans, I wouldn’t class that as business as usual profitability.

Their movement into mortgages through their acquired businesses and banking as a service infrastructure will see them quadruple that.