When will the lockdown be over?

I’m using overtime as a way to leave the house.

My situation at home is bad.
(Bi sexual with cross dressing every so often along with other things)

I’d normally spend my days off in my car alone in a laybay drinking coffee on my laptop chatting to be out the house.

Can you sit in your car outside your house? As long as it’s your car, that should be alright…

1 Like

Yep I read that in your first comment. I still think a hobby or learning a new skill will help :+1: It was just a suggestion though.

Working all those hours and sitting in your car chatting on your laptop would make anyone feel like that. You need to find a sense of purpose, get into something you enjoy and that will ease the pressure.

1 Like

Most likely it does not help I don’t take my holidays at work. (I’m booking then all now to try and help) I have like 3.5 weeks built up.

I want to go to Japan sometime, I’m gonna use the overtime money to go. (I have a pot where I put my overtime money after tax and ni) I also save most my income that’s not overtime.

I need to give myself somthing to look forward too. Will just have to tell myself sometime next year.

Maybe (when this is all over) you’d be better off moving out and renting your own place

6 Likes

I was going to put the same as above :point_up:

At 18 you’re at the age where you annoy your parents and they annoy you. Getting your own place will make you feel that it wasn’t quite as bad as you might have thought but is a great step towards being independent.

Japan is awesome by the way. It’s expensive though, so you’d need to weigh up whether you should go there now or use it as a deposit on your own place and perhaps go there next year when you’re settled?

3 Likes

I looked into renting, I love my current job (very unique company) my area is cheap but has very little stock.
Very rural but deprived.

I could afford it easy but I like saving and being able to go to Japan or buy a new phone cash when I want and have no debt.

My job has boosted my confidence alot and the managers have noted that with me.
Hopefully there’s a suitable 2 bed house comes up for rent that’s cheap and near my work.

I like being at work it’s most likely my existence is rather sad when you look at it from another person’s perspective.

I’m going to my GP after this Corona stuff ends, I need help with my mental health. (They won’t tell anyone so I’d feel more comfortable in going)

2 Likes

The world is your oyster, do whatever you like and whatever makes you feel happy.

Most of us on here will look back to the time that we were 18 and think about what we’d do differently given a second chance. Having no responsibilities, debts or bills is amazing, so enjoy it and make the most of it.

If you want a holiday in Japan or even to travel the world for a year - do that. If you want to get your own place, that’s great too. Think up a plan of how you’re going to achieve this, focus on that and you’ll be there before you know it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Apologies if you’ve said it since that post, but what’s the nature of your key worker role?

I’ve been in mental health provision across all service types for many years, and have a particular keenness for the value the key worker offers in mental health services.

So China needed around 8 weeks with more strict terms than we are currently under.
So this places mid May.
That is a good starting point.

Yeah I believe so :grimacing:

This was just posted on the BBC

Omg… kids will be out of school till September then? Or October…

Have you not seen all the videos of year 6 & 11 pupils saying goodbyes.

1 Like

Yea. This was said very early on that people should prepare for kids not returning to school.

All exams have been cancelled etc.

2 Likes

Ahhh you’re a bit far from me. I’m way up in the north west :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Schools definitely won’t go back until September, but I hope rules will gradually relax well before then. I’m mentally working on life becoming semi-normal around 12 weeks from now, because that’s what they’ve been saying all the vulnerable people :woman_shrugging:t2:

This 12 week idea I s based on zero evidence, but I’m the sort of personality type who needs a time frame in order to cope. If I’m wrong, I’ll adjust to the new time frame but for the moment this is what I’m preparing myself for.

and those tests would be need to be super accurate. Let’s vace it we’ve had HIV for some 40 years and the best at home tests are 95% after 28 days (to be 99% or better needs to be 3 months). A daily test for 70 million everyday would give a certain number of false negatives and a altger number of false positives. That’s before we take into account human error in administering the test(enough blood say, no contaminants etc)

edit - don’t get me wrong the hub tests are good and useful in the way ghey are used, and have saved countless lives, but just trying be realistic

Why are you acting surprised?

As we well know there will be a series of lockdowns and, barring a major breakthrough in vaccine research, there will be some degree of periodic lockdown until at least near the end of the year and possibly up to autumn next year.

The government is still apparently following the imperial college coronavirus report - unsurprising as it’s extremely detailed and appears to be correct so far. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

That predicts 5 months for the initial phase and then selectively triggering lockdown based on number of cases.

However it contains this “To avoid a rebound in transmission, these policies will need to be maintained until large stocks of vaccine are available to immunise the population – which could be 18 months or more”

18 months of lockdown - even on/off lockdown - isn’t going to be fun.

1 Like

No but its mind-boggling people think it could be something different to this after we’d had it spelled out to us so simply and so long ago.

I still find people asking whether it will be over in a few weeks :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: