What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Ahh right. I’ve seen routers with smart home logos but never really understood the point. Unless they had a built in microphone and speaker.

Thanks for explaining!

2 posts were split to a new topic: What’s your network name?

Two of these… Corsair RGB fans ( 140mm )

Just got a Galaxy S21 256gb.

Love the design, I got the gold/purple design at it looks very stylish. Upgrading from a P30 Pro, I now have 5g, super fast screen refresh and higher performance cameras to play with. The plastic back gives it a surprisingly good grip so I may not even bother with a case for it.

1 Like

Continuing my mission to buy old technology, our landline phone gave up the ghost about 3 weeks ago. So we haven’t needed one in those three weeks. I don’t use it at all, and Mrs Anarchist last used it to make a call at the beginning of last November. But, apparently, we ‘need’ one. [sigh].

6 Likes

I priced the S21 Ultra up yesterday. Very tempted because I don’t know how much longer S8+ can hold out and I’ve held on for many years now.

I just begrudge paying so much when it’s not going to be groundbreakingly different to what I have currently :pensive:

Let me know what it’s like when you’ve had it for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having recently upgraded to an iPhone12 from the S8, I think cameras are the big difference now to three/four years ago. The S8 had good cameras, but geez have they improved especially in low light. Video too. And I guess it’s a bit faster but never had speed problems with the S8.

Oh an 5G but that’s situational. Otherwise phones haven’t shifted much, apart from upwards in price!

1 Like

There was a period of time when I had just moved into my first home after uni, where corded land lines were dying a bit, but mobiles weren’t common place yet. So in my head I had this vision of “Adult Me” having my first wireless landline when I could “get a nice one”.

Like this B&O one that I thought was 𝔽𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕪.

Don’t think I’ve had an actual phone line since 2009?

But I’ve got this long standing nostalgia for cordless phones I’ve never used/needed/etc.

2 Likes

I almost want to get a phone line just so I can have an old-fashioned rotary dial phone sitting on the console table in the hallway. I wouldn’t put one there just for show though

2 Likes

Only if it’s red.

and glows too

bat_phone

1 Like

One of these handy things.
Means I can game wirelessly and transfer stuff to and from my phone without a cable

Mine is 1940s Bakerlite :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

What’s the camera like?

9 Likes

Bought what was brand new airpod pros off ebay and they’ve turned out to be fake.

How much did you pay for them? Did they seem too good to be true?

0.5mp. It’s top of the range

1 Like

Cost me £180 so a little off the retail price. They look identical but its not until you look into it you stop the errors. I’ve opened a case and reported the seller after a chat with an eBay rep and the seller is now trying to offer refund without getting ebay involved but its too late for that. I just gotta let them do their thing.

Can’t you take the refund and then continue with reporting the seller?

I know that generally they side with the buyer but all the seller has to do is say that they were genuine and you’re trying to scam him. That would be my concern. Take the easy way out now and guarantee that you get your money back.

No, I spend an hour on chat to Apple going over various things, checking serial numbers etc and they confirmed that are fake so for the good of the eBay community its been reported and they are dealing with it.

1 Like