What's the last bit of tech you bought?

My IFTTT Pizza Tax also contributed to majority towards it. Whatever I spend on domino’s the same amount goes into the Fried Gold pot to buy those big things that usually I’d balk at. If I can spend it on pizza, I can spend it on something that great that will last longer.

1 Like

I really like my NVidia Shield. Great Android TV Device.

1 Like

That’s incredibly cheap.

Last bit of tech I bought was a dash cam but decided to return it as hlfelt it was too big. Last bit of tech I kept was some of them tp link plugs you can use with Alexa and Google Home.

I should probably do this with my Deliveroo spending. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

So the new 12.9" / 64GB / Wifi option is £969, two hundred price increase. :sweat:

So I just picked up a little mobile broadband router.

Main device image for Huawei E5573bs-322 4G Mobile Wi-Fi in white.

For working away from home and the office, or trains and such.

Normally relied on tethering form my personal phone, but I ended up with an £8/mo deal which seemed reasonable enough for a bit of extra reliability.

Not that ‘techy’ but hey it filled a very small hole in my life.

3 Likes

I recently bought the Xiaomi Electric Toothbrush for £30… compared to other sonic toothbrushes i have used this is absolutely brilliant and a bargain

https://www.mi.com/global/mi-electric-toothbrush/

2 Likes

How easy is it to get replacement heads?

Not ordered any as yet, but i have seen plenty on Ali Express and hoping now that they have a store open in London, they might stock them there…

Ring2 Doorbell in the Black Friday sales.

Managed to get it up on the wall all by myself. It’s been a good day :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Xiaomi Glasses and 3d Printer)

1 Like

My last techy purchase was Fitbit versa and sharp 4K TV got my eyes on apple AirPods but haven’t yet invested :thinking:

Two nest units to replace my Tado setup (blame @Jackcrwhitney he’s a bad influence!)

4 Likes

Latest purchase:
A Nest unit to replace our old standard programmer and thermostat :fire: :blush:

Sorry (not sorry) @glasgow :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Kinda jealous of that one. They look great, but I live in a close.

iPhone X to replace my iphone 7…

Could have spent more… :no_mouth:

1 Like

I just ordered a Google Home Hub! Pondered all over the weekend and then was sent an offer from Very.co.uk so went for it!

I’ve ordered a Google Home Hub and some Google Mini’s as an Apple user that has tried Android so many times and failed this seems very strange to me :neutral_face:

2 Likes

A dash cam for the mini - great deal on at the moment https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/yi-dash-cam-1080p-60fps-165-wide-angle-2499-sold-by-yi-official-store-uk-and-fulfilled-by-amazon-3120562

Resurrecting this… did you ever install the nest units? Interesting to hear your experience vs tado…