What's the last bit of tech you bought?

They dont take custom orders apparently :pensive:

1 Like

I’m sure dBrand or somewhere would do a skin for them :laughing:

2 Likes

I take back what I said before about the 14 Pro Max battery being bad and the chances of it it probably never improving.

I’ve just realised how much better it’s been since iOS 16.4.1. Just over 5hrs screen on time today and still on 52%, and yesterday was on ~40% before bed (compared to sometimes having to charge during the day previously). If it stays this way then the Pro Max is back to being the multi-day battery life model in the lineup

1 Like

Had to get a new TV and thanks to my employer got a great deal on a Samsung Neo QLED and got a Samsung Symphony Soundbar chucked in free :grin:

7 Likes

Series S (big step up for me console-wise) and loving it. Is amazing with the Philips OLED ambilight TV :innocent:

Lil update - they’re amazing I use them for everything very handy for work as they obviously don’t end up falling out my ears like my airpods (I’m a face fidgeter), plus they’re a lot louder and are so lightweight sometimes I forget they’re on.

Noise cancellation was very weird to get used to, when I first used it I kept getting a feeling like my head was going to pop (don’t ask me why my brain must’ve felt I was in a vaccum) but they’re overall amazing. 10/10!

5 Likes

Love the Series S. Amazing form factor and value for a solid entry level console.

1 Like

How are you finding this (i appreciate its only been a day lol) but I’m looking to get a new TV and have been looking at the QLEDS for the improved nighttime watching

funny thing is, it quite literally did - your brain tries to process the noise cancelling as a pressure differential when in fact there isn’t any, same reason your ears pop on a plane

1 Like

We’ve only had it hooked up since Sunday afternoon but seriously impressed with the picture and the clarity and it does seem to work very well indeed at night and the Local Dimmings feature seem to be very effective and good at handling black/dark areas on the screen. Anything we have watched in 4K from Netflix has superb clarity with very good levels of detail and in overall quality even the Mrs agreed that it’s been a huge upgrade on our previous LG Nanocell :flushed:.

Binged The Diplomat on Netflix just to test it out :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a Q90b and if you’ve got access to the Samsung EPP there are some great deals on the 2022 models as I got it discounted with a free Q600B soundbar which for a cheapish model packs a canny punch :sunglasses:

1 Like

My biggest issue with Samsung is the lack of Dolby Vision. I wish they would add it.

They have HDR10+ instead and I cant say i really miss Dolby Vision having had it on the previous LG

I would with the Xbox Series X as it has Dolby Vision for gaming. Also found HDR10+ support to be limited but I am a bit of a film nerd for quality.

1 Like

My Series X looks fine on it and the added bonus is the Samsung has Xbox Cloud Gaming built in which is pretty good if you have GamePass

1 Like

Oh yeah, dialled in HDR10 can look good anyway but I plan to drop a fair bit of cash on a TV and DV is pretty essential for me to get the best with movies. Sony actually seems to be a bit of a king supporting DV and HDR10+ I believe but its sony crazy prices.

2 Likes

Hisense, TCL, Phillips, and Panasonic also have TVs with both DV and HDR10+. Only seems to be Samsung (no DV) and LG (no HDR10+) who force you to go without one of the formats.

1 Like

With Samsung being the creator of HDR10+ as a license free version of DV they aren’t ever going to support DV. And LG are just being stubborn.

I think HDR10+ is really the future. Content creators and manufacturers won’t pay a licence for DV forever when an open and license free thing that does the same thing exists. But DV is still more common for now.

2 Likes

Just bought myself the LLT ratchet screwdriver which I’m rather looking forward to and it’s made me realise I am getting old at the tender age of 25…

3 Likes

You are. I was into my forties when I bought my first ratchet screwdriver (a Stanley with a nice big comfy grip). The best screwdriver I’ve ever owned.

4 Likes

I love Stanley, especially the fat max range - I only buy Stanley tools now where possible.

3 Likes