iOS 16

@jonprocter bringing my reply to your comment on 16.4.1 to this thread as it’s iOS 16 specific.

iOS 16 has been a bit of a nightmare for battery life for me to be honest (13 Pro) . I have actually found 16.4 (and .1) to be the worst of the 16 branch so far.
When I got my 13 I installed an app called Battery Grapher (which I got for my Watch 6 originally) as a widget and I was pushing 38-40 hours of usage and could hit 48 hours if I was light use with a good signal.
iOS 16.4.1 I am down to around 24 hours. I have found setting my lock screen to a static image rather than it rotating each hour seems to have had a decent effect even though changing wallpaper shouldn’t be intense.

I am tempted to do a full DFU but it’s a painful thought even with really fast internet.
I actually had installed most of the 16 branch updates using Mac via the full images I downloaded from the dev site as some theorised the patching process was causing quirks although 16.4/.1 both went OTA.

I can’t get over how bad both my partner and my own battery life is now to be honest post 16.

2 Likes