What would make you pay for Monzo plus?

For me it would be current account interest (starling do this I believe) cash back from Tesco, McDonald’s, just eat etc… but what would YOU get Monzo plus for?.. or what would you expect to see in Monzo plus? :innocent:

2 Likes

currently I pay nationwide flex plus because of the family benefits, travel insurance, mobile phone insurance all that covers the whole household if they offer the same or even better I would definitely get Monzo plus, but for now nationwide offers the best package account even though they stop paying interest on the ACC

2 Likes

For me,

Monzo [tier 2] Current Account (paid - colour card choice, interest on current account, choice of 2 benefits*)
Monzo [tier 3] Current Account (paid - colour or metal card choice, interest on current account, choice of 3-5 benefits*)

*Benefits include cashback, travel, mobile, breakdown, Home (buildings & contents) insurance

4 Likes

I’d pay for Monzo Plus just to have it launched so we could stop all this endless speculation about what may or may not be in it.

Here, take my £5 and be done with it! :wink:

13 Likes

So you’re speculating that it will be £5? :smirk:

3 Likes

Ouch! Hoisted on my own petard! :rofl:

3 Likes

£4.99 with round ups :rofl:

With that 1p going into my Roundups pot that isn’t hidden cos I’m on iOS… ohh that’s it, I’ll pay for Monzo Plus if they give us feature parity (both ways)? :wink:

I am not actually suggesting that before anyone starts!

2 Likes

As most currently available packaged/premium accounts offer pretty much the same, and are all priced similarly, Monzo would have to offer something pretty unique to convince me to pay for Plus.

(None of the current crop of paid accounts has managed to inspire me yet)

4 Likes

To state the obvious if i get value for my fee, things i would be purchasing anyway but at a lower cost through monzo.

Things like tastecard, airport lounges access or premium travel insurance i dont purchase normally so dont see a value when theyre lumped together and offered to me.

2 Likes

It would have to be:

A: Something I want
&
B: Cost effective

4 Likes

Talk about stating the obvious :laughing:

I think the OP was after a little more than that. i.e. what features / services :rofl:

2 Likes

Features and services that he wants of course

I’d like Monzo to pay me to use Monzo Plus - am I doing this right?

10 Likes

There is nothing I currently want.

That would have been a very disappointing reply to a Spice Girls song

But mercifully it would have been a lot shorter

10 Likes

:musical_note: Tell me what you want, what you really really want! :musical_note:

:musical_note:There’s nothing I currently want :musical_note:

14 Likes

I though Emma was baby spice not sarcy spice :eyes: :eyes:

In fairness i dont think I am the person who the plus/ packaged accounts is aimed at, more so the people who are willing to part with money for convenience

Same. I’m intrigued to see what’s on offer but I probably won’t want it, nor will I be offended they didn’t make something I wanted or needed.

2 Likes

after my last experince - not a lot would make me take it. Waste of money and time spent signing up all be it little time.