What really grinds your gears?

And then put the lid back on, preventing water from evaporating as it should. :neutral_face:

1 Like

My grind today… Trying to get a deal on a Mobile Broadband device thing, with Three. They’ve got semi reasonable prices online - figure it can’t hurt to see if they can give me a better price.

Tried the “need help buying the thing” chat option - long story short - they we’re like “We can call you and connect you with our sales team”. Ok, sure.

Side note: My current phone number used to be on Three - maybe 6 years ago?

Pick up the call.
“Just need to ask you some routine security questions sir”
Err, but this is a sales call. I don’t have an account with you.
“I know sir, but it looks like this number used to be on a Three account so I have to do security”.
But I don’t have an account with you…
“If you can confirm the postcode of the billing address please”
I’ve moved at least 4 times since I’ve had a three account. I’ve got no idea what address it was.
“Ok sir, if you can confirm the bank account number your direct debit was paid from”
It was at least 6 years ago. I don’t have that account any more.

“OK sir, I’m afraid as you cannot pass security I cannot handle your call today”.
But you called me?! And I’m trying to buy something?!

20 Likes

Because I’ve see examples of this twice today, once on TV and once elsewhere here on this forum:

When people say something is ‘very unique’.

oi%20no

‘Unique’ is a word that should never be modified. Something is either unique, or it isn’t. You wouldn’t say something is ‘very one-of-a-kind’ would you? :face_vomiting:

7 Likes

You wouldn’t say something is ‘very one-of-a-kind’ would you?

I’m sure there are people that would. Looking at the marketing (aka lying) industry. :joy:

That’s a very unique thing to get worked up over!!..

(Sorry)

1 Like

As bad as saying something is very average.

My irritation today:

Linux’s inability to support any hardware beyond a keyboard properly. Bluetooth headphones pair, connect and are recognised by amixer as an audio device…but audio is piped into an abyss :grimacing: I suppose I am expected to write my own driver to make them work :wink:

8 Likes

This just sounds like your idea of a light evening, just before going to sleep ;D

3 Likes

Exactly why I gave up on Linux and now love my Mac. :heart:

2 Likes

A quote attributed to Sam Clemens (Mark Twain) goes along the lines of ‘substitute damn for every time you are tempted to write very, your editor will remove it and your writing will be better for it’

1 Like

That’s a damn good tip.

1 Like

That someone hasn’t invented a machine which will wrap Christmas presents for you :laughing:

1 Like

Melts. Especially when there’s a bunch of them. In a club.

Like the ones that frequent anything run by The Deltic Group

https://delticgroup.co.uk/our-brands

1 Like

What actually is a “melt”?

(I’m nearly a millennial, I promise)

1 Like
4 Likes

Lack of clarity in that definition there. Could be more to the point.

4 Likes

“Sorry, I don’t have a English bank account.” As soon as they hear that they will act as if you don’t exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Taxi firms that charge extra because it’s Christmas :rage:

1 Like

That I didn’t take the turkey out to defrost a few hours earlier. Still resembles a lump of granite
I only do this every year, you’d think I’d learn :see_no_evil:

3 Likes