What is your best and worst Monzo feature or service?

This thread is about the best and worst of Monzo. @Rika is one of the best things about Monzo. Great customer service every time

8 Likes

Thatā€™s good to know. I wondered why your sort code said you didnt do cheque clearing!

1 Like

Best: A week ago Iā€™d have said Monzo.me, but now itā€™s being able to see your balance after bills.

Worst: Lack of credit card.

Nearly 40!

2 Likes

Best = echoing a lot of people on here but itā€™s the customer service. I donā€™t use it contact CS often. When I have they have always been polite, helpful got the job done!

Worst = Payee management. Itā€™s not as slick as the rest of the app. You canā€™t add custom images and you canā€™t add the same sort code and account number with different references. I. Sure this will be improved in future updates.

Edit. Forgot to add Iā€™m 26!

3 Likes

This thread is amazing :raised_hands:

Iā€™m also happy to see that a lot of peopleā€™s ā€œworst thingsā€ are things that we are already in the process of fixing! :muscle:

7 Likes

I thought you could have multiple refs?

Worst feature? For me is not having multiple accounts. I would switch my salary over tomorrow if Monzo offered them. Again, I like what Bunq offer for a multiple account structure and 1 card reassignable to the account of your choice. I hope the start of having joint accounts may help change the 1 account only view within Monzo.

Best feature? Still instant deductions to support my budgeting. However, that is something other banks can start to offer. I canā€™t say there is much else that I donā€™t get with my legacy banks. Maybe the speed of customer services, but again I have never had trouble when Iā€™ve had to contact any of my legacy banks for customer services, even when Iā€™ve had problems.

1 Like

They do, but I have building society accounts which all have the same sort and acc with a different reference or roll number as they call it! I canā€™t easily tell the difference between them all.

2 Likes

Figured itā€™d be regulatory/businessy stuff that took the bulk of the time, thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes

Best feature: Customer service by far! Spoken to them several times and always had my issue sorted in a few minutes. Can only imagine how long a high street bank would have taken.

Worst feature: When fees were introduced on cash withdrawals after Ā£200šŸ˜« I understand the reasoning but canā€™t help miss the the old daysšŸ˜‚

Under 30.

3 Likes

Best: The API
Worst: I hear 3d secure is on the wayā€¦ Meh.

3 Likes

Hi - what do you mean by custom cards?

Styling the card yourself, like barclays for instance. You can put a picture or pictures onto the card to personalise it.

2 Likes

With reg. to 3D secure, the best bet is to have another debit card handy if you ever need it.

1 Like

Oh I mean Iā€™d rather not have it. Itā€™s a huge pain in the backside most of the time having to remember letters 3, 9 & 42 of my password.

Admittedly Iā€™ve not read the spec but I hope monzo can come up with a better solution when it comes. Maybe authenticate transactions via fingerprint on your phone?

3 Likes

Fingers crossed :monzo: is implementing 3DS 2.0 or at least plans to!

I donā€™t know of anyone using it yet but the spec looks much more secure and process simplified

https://3dsecure2.com/frictionless-flow/

1 Like

I have good news for you. We wonā€™t be implementing that 3D Secure authentication method! :boom:

While the full version may not quite make the launch, weā€™re fully planning to build in-app approvals. :+1:

8 Likes

Is it sad that I just screamed yes while pumping my fists? My flatmate thought someone had scored in the WC :joy:

5 Likes

Best feature is the up to the minute balance notifications. The worst feature without doubt is the overdraft fee of 50 per day which I think goes against everything Monzo says they stand for.

For me, best is the instant notifications - not having to wait 2-4 days for transactions to show up is great.

Worst - the budgeting and categorisation aspects - it is so inflexible and inconsistent that I do not like it.

2 Likes