What is Yolt?

I’ve just started looking at Yolt and I’m confused as to what it is and where it fits. These forums and others seem to suggest they are an aggregator and chat app like emma, but their website and FAQs tell me very little, and no mention of aggregator or what they do. Piecing things together, it looks like they might have relaunched? or changed their USP?

What is Yolt?

They were an aggregator, pulling in your financial info from accounts. But they also have a marketplace like Starling linking you to pensions, investments and insurance

Recently they also launched their own pre-paid card with savings features. I have one but haven’t been using Yolt since this move as I find the UI utterly confusing now

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at Yolt in the last 1-2 years but I notice it’s App Store position plummeted in the last few months. It used to be consistently a top 20 app in the finance charts. But it’s been at around 100 more recently.

Is that explained by change in UI or something more - change in product focus/positioning perhaps?

2 Likes

It was 133 in Google Play charts a few days ago.

I tried it last year, but found it of little use to me personally so uninstalled shortly after.

1 Like

Hm, it’s hard to pin down. The way it seems to me is that the redesign is pushing the Yolt account and the aggregation bits are a bit hidden away. I certainly don’t like the refocus and the added friction, particularly because to me the Yolt account offers precisely nothing over other financial products. I just switched to Money Dashboard instead

4 Likes

Dead.

2 Likes

They killed account aggregator.

Baby don’t hurt me.