What films do you recommend?

Yep, borrowed my mum’s Netflix account to give that one a watch. Found it very good, and left me wanting more. Not sure what got me more. The Jurassic park bit or that dude that was in a scene of game of thrones.

Wound up rewatching the two most recent Jumanji films afterwards off the back of it. Those are great as well, and offer a similar Fix.

Free Guy on Disney Plus is another great one that I really enjoyed as well

Spot on. Very entertaining with Reynolds and Rocky having great chemistry. Definitely leave your brain at the door on the way in.

1 Like

Same, I thought it was the best. I think Awkawfina made it for me, for the first time in a long time I actually laughed at the humour in a marvel movie. And the fight scenes are great.

1 Like

Shang Chi was very enjoyable, so was Red Notice.

Just spotted Lost in Space season 3 is in 12 days. :relieved:

Next film I’m looking forward to is Robin Robin.

1 Like

Is that the origin story of Batman’s sidekick?

2 Likes

I’m thinking I might start my Christmas film viewing at the weekend. To kick it all of Die Hard, as we all know it’s a sign that Christmas has arrived. :joy:

I watched Red Notice yesterday, it’s just as bad as what the critics made out.

Fortunately I was watching it whilst working, so I didn’t waste any of my life on viewing it.

Combination of actors didn’t work, script was :poop:, it’s almost like the writers watched a number of films and thought I like that scene let’s replicate it in our film, many times over.

2 Likes

I’m just not a Ryan fan tbh. None of his movies tick my box.

1 Like

Worth watching the Robin Robin film before watching this video on how its made

A few films I like recently:
Freeguy
Escape room
The forever purge

I love my films always have, yeah I have the streaming services like most of us do, but I also have a personalised collection, been a customer with them for quite a long time now dvdlocker.com just a shame they don’t do 4Ks I got a Bluray plan. :blush:

1 Like

Physical items :face_vomiting::joy: didn’t know they still existed tbf

2 Likes

Haha!! I know I’m one of these weird people who likes to see a physical collection lol :joy:

2 Likes

I watched Ghostbusters Afterlife last night. I was ready to be really disappointed, especially after the last reboot. How wrong was I :eyes: pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was.

Absolutely loved Encanto and In the Heights. If you’re into musicals they’re definitely worth a watch.

Don’t Look Up was decent. Think the satirical elements fell a bit flat because the world has actually become a real life satire.

The Unforgiveble was pretty good. Not a huge Sandra Bullock fan but a good performance from her.

2 Likes

Finally saw Parasite. Had no idea what it was about going in and absolutely loved it.

Very highly recommended.

4 Likes

Encanto was great! In the heights is one of the worst musicals I’ve ever watched, and one of the few movies I’ve watched that I didn’t finish.

I enjoyed this, but decent is how I’d describe it too. Didn’t live up to the acclaim I saw it receive online from folks.

I liked this too, but I watched it for Viola Davis. Her scenes were great, but she was massively underused. Was a classic case of where you use an actor a lot in the promotional materials, only for them to have two or three scenes. Sandra was great too though. Good film.

1 Like

It’s not in my top ten but it was definite let enjoyable. What didn’t you like about it? Admittedly, it was slightly too long but had some great set piece numbers.

I didn’t know she was in it beforehand so it was a nice surprise. She has so much presence.

1 Like

The music, mostly. I thought that was bad. The film just felt boring and long to me.

I watched it purely for the trailers and clips Netflix shared on Youtube and Twitter that mostly featured Viola Davis’ scenes, which included the best scene of the film I think.

This was the scene that sold me on the film, which in hindsight is a a big spoiler:

Phenomenal scene though, and Viola deserves an Oscar for it. There’s a moment, and you’ll probably have picked up on it, where everything just clicks for her character and you can see it in her face. Not many actors would be able to convey that so perfectly and subtly. Goosebumps.

2 Likes

Encanto :heart_eyes:. Just loved it. One of the best Disney soundtracks ever! And that’s really saying something, but they were some catchy tunes.

I spend at least a few minutes each day singing ‘we don’t talk about bru no no no’ :smile:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Just reinfornces why I don’t watch trailers!

2 Likes