What films do you recommend?

So I actually bought this film when it came out. Purely for Michelle Yeoh. She’s always a joy to watch.

To this day, I’ve still yet to get to the end. I accosionally go back and watch the next bit, but it just doesn’t keep my attention and I tune out and turn it off and find something else.

I think this is one of these films where I don’t understand the hype. Guess is it’s just not my thing.

ETA: according to my up next, I’ve only got 49 minutes of it left.

Just watching this.

Not too bad so far.

Just spotted Love and Thunder is out on Thurs

And the new Tom Hank Pinocchio.

I’ve recently watched the thriller Swallow, amazing!

I watched TopGun on Sunday, followed by TopGun Maverick. TopGun Maverick is definitely the better film

1 Like

Isn’t it Disney day or something soon? Where they launch a whole bunch of stuff?

:wood::older_man:t3::smiley_cat::cricket::man_fairy:t6::performing_arts::horse::whale2::canoe::skull::child:t3:

:poop::x::-1:t3:

Is that meant to be Pinocchio?

I personally can’t wait for Disenchanted!

The Little Mermaid I’m meh about. Was hoping the Zendaya and Lady Gaga rumours would pan out. That would have been Ace. Will still give it a chance and probably enjoy it though, just less excited now.

1 Like

Yeah :blush: it was naff.

Mufasa is coming in a few years too, prequel to lion king as we know it. Interesting.

Also seen they’re remaking Never Ending Story. Another for them to ruin.

1 Like

Now this I’m very excited for!

1 Like

Lion king is, alongside Shrek, my go to feel good cry-it-out hangover movie :joy:

Didn’t like the remake though.

Guess kids today won’t know the olden, so the new one might be sufficient. Same goes for Aladdin.

3 Likes

Aladdin I thought was good. I love the original, but I was also never comfortable with the racial portrayal in it: beautiful and good people look like white people, evil people are darker skinned and look more Arabic. I’d hesitate to show it to my kids because of this and the impression it might leave, so the new one works. Plus it was a good film.

The lion king remake was terrible though, it was so dark and lost all the fun and magic of the original.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Jungle Book remake.

1 Like

As did I. My former employers did all the VFX work for that movie (and the Lion King sequel, and even Pinocchio) and I’m proud of them for doing so.

Just started watching Pinocchio and I think it shows some promise, but I am confident that Guillermo Del Toro’s version is going to wipe the floor with this Disney version.

2 Likes

Forgot to say I saw that Love and Thunder.

It had decent bits in it but didn’t feel joined up like watching a series of short sketches between a string of boring dialogue scenes.

Christian Bale acting was fantastic only it’s like he hadn’t bothered to watch the other Thor films to get a grasp at the level of humour.

He was doing very dark and gritty, almost horror feels whilst everyone was doing the light-hearted jokey dialogue.

It just didn’t work for me. :man_shrugging:

Probably will watch it again but it’s really meh compared to the previous films for me.

Next on my list

Not a film but I’m loving this series of adventures on Netflix atm.

Same! I don’t know how he managed to get The Jungle Book so right, and then The Lion King so wrong.

2 Likes

The Gray Man.

I liked this. You have to pay zero attention to it, if you walked off for 10 mins and came back you’ve barely missed any of the limited plot, but you probably have missed another action sequence with lots of explosions and gunfights.

2 Likes

I agree. It got pretty silly but it was fun. Good set up for a sequel too.

2 Likes