We’re working on joint accounts!

I have a question/possible feedback. Some other companies allow you to add a new card to your Apple/Google wallet whilst you wait for the physical card to arrive. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the new joint card, at least not with Monzo (or the TestFlight build I’m on).

If I try to add it to my Apple wallet via the Monzo app, I get an error. However, with iOS 17 there’s now an additional option when adding a card via the wallet app, which starts a flow and allows me to add the joint card to my wallet, before it’s arrived and before it’s been activated.

Is this correct? Should I be able to add the digital card yet or not?

1 Like

You used to be able to. But (I think it was fraud reasons) you now have to wait for the card to arrive

You can’t add cards to Apple Wallet from TestFlight.

Yeah checked all 3 agencies. My personal shows, but my joint never has.

2 Likes

No adding cards to the wallet via the TestFlight Monzo build I have installed, not the TestFlight app itself.

Yes. You can’t do that… TestFlight Apps - Monzo etc - don’t allow it.

1 Like

Interestingly, when you click on the Monzo app in the Apple wallet flow, it brings up Monzo artwork and then confirms via Face ID.

Probs because you’re using an app from TestFlight.

1 Like

They absolutely do allow it. I just tried.

2 Likes

What exactly would you like to see?

1 Like

I was referring to this:

Not the new iOS 17 flow.

Yes. So I can add my new non-activated joint card via the iOS 17 flow but not in the Monzo app.

But, I can also add any activated card to my Apple Wallet via the Monzo TestFlight build.

1 Like

Aren’t credit scores reported based on individual?

So if you have to have a personal account to have joint, it’d be reported on there, no?

Maybe it’s how they’ve set it up to “derisk” the challenges of join account ownership. I don’t actually know how it works at legacy banks but the fintech’s appear to take a different approach.

You can close your personal account at Starling and your joint account remains open.

Not sure what would happen if I did close it, I asked the question when I kept having fraud declines on my personal.

Maybe a glitch somewhere. We opened it since moving to this address so it’s not like they can’t report it incorrectly either.

1 Like

Here’s how I understand it to work.

Fintech

Personal (individual credit score)
Personal (individual credit score)
Joint (merged score)

Traditional

Personal (individual score)
Joint ( 2 x individual scores)

This is for Monzo and others to keep it on thread, be interesting to see how Monzo do it

1 Like

This is my take too, though I’m not 100% if Monzo do another soft search on joint opened (happy to be corrected), as they’ve already done the search and the risk profile is probs already on the system.

Never been involved in risk, maybe someone will come shed some light.

1 Like

My wife had the same issue but I managed to add my card to Google pay on my Android before it has arrived

1 Like

My Mrs really likes the white joint card so she’s emailed Monzo (again) to see if she can reopen her account. I told her not to bother but she said she’s feeling lucky. :joy:

Its is a shame as we would CASS our Starling joint account instantly if things were different.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve had a joint account for awhile. I was wondering if any point the option to add another wage coming in to the upcoming incoming transaction will appear. It’s rather annoying that every month I get told I will run out of money cause it doesn’t recognise another wage coming in. Also the new updated version of the app doesn’t allow for the date to be customised. It’s stuck at the last day of each month… not helpful. Thanks

2 Likes