We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

Reading the description of the event ‘Monzo Labs’ it seems this promises to be pretty interesting. Looking forward to seeing what the mystery feature is that you guys will release on the night. Shame I work thursday evenings.

Can you explain what ‘Pay Nearby’ is?

1 Like

Quite simply, paying people nearby! So sending money to folks you’re with, but don’t have contact details for. Stay tuned for more info.

4 Likes

I’m going to guess that the app shows you other Monzo uses very close to your location that you can tap and pay.

Who knows could be completely wrong :joy:

Edit: @cookywook beat me to it

1 Like

So location based pay… very useful :thinking: :man_cartwheeling: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :upside_down_face: :man_dancing:

1 Like

I’m sure you know many other types of pay which are useful :joy:

1 Like

like… Apple Pay :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Luncheon Vouchers?

2 Likes

@cookywook

Will “joint accounts/pots” cover having the monzo version of a separate second account OR is this not even covered at all and this just relates to joint accounts and updates to pots?

We mean Pots shared between two Monzo accounts. Having a secondary account (with functionality beyond that of just having a Pot on your account) would be something separate.

2 Likes

Location based payment to non Monzo users? Firstly wow and secondly how?

Bluetooth or magic?

1 Like

The magic of bluetooth obviously. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not sure how Bluetooth alone would do this. Surely the payee would need some way of receiving the money into their banking app? Otherwise you’d need bank details, which kinda negates the feature anyway…? Or is it just to identify people already in your payee list who happen to be with you?

2 Likes

Might be along the ways of the now discontinued app Bump

1 Like

It’s probably an encrypted unique identifier shared via bluetooth, useless on it’s own, but the Monzo app would then take this and match it on their end. Wouldn’t need any user/bank/value details to transfer over Bluetooth.

2 Likes

Something to do with NFC I would think as NFC has the ability to read cards and communicate with other devices… just a guess. Bluetooth would make less sense.

1 Like

Using NFC would require very close contact, whereas Bluetooth can be used to conduct payments from across a large table, for example.

1 Like

I have no idea how that would help!

Could be a link via airdrop

Will joint pots mean linking credit histories?

1 Like

Thanks @cookywook
So is that secondary account on the roadmap anywhere?

1 Like