We can now automatically update your card details with online shops

Think I’ve just experienced this for the first time, my Spotify payment went out and I don’t recall changing the payment details for that - lovely stuff!

4 Likes

I can assure you that Dropbox’s implementation does work, but is quite funky. Every month: Charge - declined, Charge - declined, Charge - success!

Not been much activity here for a while but wanted to revive this as I just replaced my card ahead of its expiry date.

Had a couple things bounce over the weekend, and been going through updating card details at various merchants.

It’s been great to see how many have updated automatically! But this hasn’t really saved me any time as I’ve still had to sign in everywhere and go to billing details before I see my new card number is already there.

So I would just like to say that it would definitely be very cool to have some kind of feed item/notification telling me where I don’t need to worry about, and therefore making the process of updating those that I do much shorter and easier!

15 Likes

We actually have this rolled out already, but for a small percentage of random customers, to test it out and see how customers react. Sorry you weren’t in the lucky draft.

It’s probably time for me to increase the percentage this week

10 Likes

Are you talking to yourself @arthur-ceccotti? Surely you can decide if you were in the lucky draft if anyone can? Just put yourself in it and make yourself happy :laughing:

3 Likes

That looks awesome! Addresses the complaint I had in this thread:

So it’s nice to see Monzo solving that issue! Can’t wait for this to roll out. Any chance of a labs toggle perhaps?

Tagging @BeauG because I’m sure they’ll be very interested in this!

This is great news! Shame I wasn’t haha, but ah well. Glad to know it’s actively on the way.

3 Likes

Sweet, you’d be right, I am. Says he that quit Whitesnake listening to reply.
Also I originally disliked my Sennheisers, but I configured the App, ran a firmware update, and messed with the EQ and now its not so flat. So I’m so far (touch wood) having no issues.
Yes, I’m very glad as I’m feeling disenchanted in relation to Barclays…

1 Like

Doing it for each site adds up. Suppose how painful a card change is depends how many subscriptions you pay by card.

Also just noticed this. Apple was one of the places which bounced and did not update for me just FYI.

2 Likes

What happens if you cancel your card due to fraudulent activity as you fell for a scam site, and this scam site has the say MasterCard automatic update then what do you do since the scammers will automatically get your details again and again.

:arrow_up: :arrow_up:

5 Likes

Anyone know if this feature still works. I received my new card a few weeks ago, and so far no merchants have updated automatically, including: Apple, Amazon, TfL, Waitrose, Zipcar.

Update: Google did update automatically.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any of mine update

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.