Was that spend really necessary?

After every transaction id like a pop up to ask “was that spend really necessary?” with a simple yes or no.

At the end of the month, I can see how much of my money I could have saved- as an actual value or a % of money spent.

yeah, I’d delete Monzo if they started asking me that after every purchase

9 Likes

Was that spend really necessary?

Yes it was otherwise I would not have done it

#DoNotWant

3 Likes

Might be able to do something with IFTTT perhaps?

At worst there is an IFTTT applet that will write every transaction to a google spreadsheet you could then go through that and add Yes/No to get the data points you want.

Personally I don’t want this in the app, or if it is added, then by default it’s off!!

2 Likes

If Monzo turned into my Mum I’d be very upset.

You can get something similar using IFTTT.

I made an applet that would transfer money out of my “Coffee” pot when I spend at a predifined list of coffee shops (using Platform and filter code).

You can set up Multiple Actions using Platform - so one of them I set up was a notificaiton to say “You’ve just spent £X.XX on cofffee! Did you really need that coffee?”

You could use a specific emoji/word in the notes for anything you think after was unnecessary. Then use the search function for that emoji or word and it’ll give you a total at the bottom of screen :mag:

2 Likes