Verification Time

(George) #1

I’ve been waiting quite a few hours for my ID and video to be verified, I was wondering how long this can take ?

(Andy - Customer of Monzo - Own Thoughts) #3

Hi @georgyc it can take a few hours. If you don’t hear anything soon then you should be able to use in-app chat. If not then email help@monzo.com

(George) #4

Ok thanks for your help I’ve been waiting about 4 hrs so will give it a little while longer and see what happens. Thanks for the quick reply !

Have you tried force closing the app and reopening it? I vaguely remember this helping when I opened my account a while back.

If not, it may just take a while longer.

(George) #6

@redshift I’ve tried that and have reinstalled the app once, I assume it’s just taking a little while longer to verify.

(Andy - Customer of Monzo - Own Thoughts) #7

Might be a slight increase in verification times if there’s been a lot of 16-17yr olds applying for accounts with yesterdays launch.

Yeah. Some of the process is automated but I imagine a human has to get involved every now and then which may cause a delay.

(George) #9

Ahh ok that must be the cause of the delay, I’ll keep waiting and will contact support if I haven’t heard anything by this evening.

(Punit Mannari) #10

When I applied for mine 3 weeks ago…it took 3-4min…

(Toby Toller) #11

Wonder if we’ll see a noticeable spike in the user number from this?

(Andy - Customer of Monzo - Own Thoughts) #12

Will probably start seeing it in the counter stats in the next day or two as accounts get activated.

(Jack - Customer of Monzo) #13

Friday / Saturday maybe?