US Launch - Frequently Asked Questions

OKā€¦thank you for the replyā€¦But i was just thinking with your ā€œbright Orangeā€ bank card you guys would fit right in with the Miami scene. I think that could be a promo bonus to promote that card as part of Miami !!
Just knowing one of Florida staples is the Color ā€œOrangeā€! :smiley:

1 Like

What date are Monzo aiming to launch properly in the US? Itā€™s amazing how quickly N26 seem to have gone from announcement to operation (obviously not necessarily a good thing!)

Emphasis on the parentheses- they moved so quickly from beta to launch and bungled my debit card delivery to the point that I signed up for my N26 card when I got the beta invite but didnā€™t actually get my card until the day before they properly went live.

N26 launched their product too soon without finalising their product. I opened an account with them and tried to use it. First of all, there is no way-other than direct deposit- to add money. My other bank accounts nad PayPal didnā€™t recognize N26 routing number. Couldnā€™t add the debit card to Apple Pay. Tried to transfer money using N26 debit card to other accounts. Still it failed due to unknow reasons. When I checked with N26, they said they were working on it. I got fed up with them and asked them to close my account as I couldnā€™t use it. :triumph:

I agree with this completely. Iā€™m hoping Monzo is able to address a lot of the areas where N26 falls woefully short. Thereā€™s no online bill pay, no remote deposit, no ability to pay via check (where the bank sends a check on your behalf) and a real lack of any useful rewards. My first online checking account was ING Direct all the way back in 2005 and itā€™s still maybe the best account iā€™ve ever used. I know Monzo plans to launch a ā€œsoftā€ version in the US but I truly hope it has most, of not all of these features so it can truly replace my brick and mortar account

2 Likes

How many people are currently on the US waiting list?

1 Like

Hey Iā€™m a bit late to the party but would love to try Monzo in the US! My partner and I are both in Seattle and would love if you guys were interested in hosting an event here! Iā€™m mostly interested in Monzo for the API features which Iā€™m okay with accessing through IFTTT. Havenā€™t done my research yet so is this feature going to work in the US? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi ordered card 5 days ago when I should get it?

Hello,

If you are US citizen, living in the UK, would you be able to open an account and get verified?
Thank you. :pray:t2:

Iā€™m not sure exactly what you are asking.

To open a U.K. account you need to be a U.K. resident (citizenship is irrelevant).

Iā€™m almost 100% sure that you need to be a US resident to open an account there.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.