UK ATM withdrawal fees

Every time I use my CA card in an ATM it warns that the card issuer may charge me for the service. Will this nag screen always exist as it is really annoying?

I highly doubt they would charge for UK ATM withdrawal fees. I know there has been discussion regarding withdrawals abroad but thats just because its so costly to have unlimited currently withdrawals free of charge :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s a thread about that (this one is about ATMs that charge fees, not Monzo charging fees), and the answer is that the screen should go away eventually.

2 Likes

Actually, the prepaid cards are a lot more expensive to run than the current account will be, which is one reason Monzo is going to shut them down.

To answer your question, Monzo have stated that there will not be monthly or UK ATM withdrawal fees.

Thereā€™s an excellent wiki that Alex wrote which gives a quick overview of all we know about the current account.

1 Like

Yes, Monzo are swallowing this charge at the moment in the Prepay Card, they have stopped doing so in the Current Account preview do expect them to pass any fees charged by ATMs on Current Account in future.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: 3% ATM fee abroad!

I noticed that in my town on one of the rare occasions I withdrew cash a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

So apparently this was due to the required split of England and Wales RBS branches (due to the sheer amount of taxpayer cash given to RBS during the financial crisis) imposed by the EU, like with TSB and Lloyds. Because they were planning to create a new bank with an old name (Willams and Glyn), they had to split off the cash machines in those branches RBS to make cash machine switch at same time as referendum.

Now of course the splitting wonā€™t have to happen https://williamsandglyn.rbs.com/ so essentially this was a bit of a waste of time and presumably money.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Interesting reading. Now I know why.

Taxpayer money, perhaps. :thinking:

2 Likes

Amazing when thereā€™s cuts to this public service and that public service. You canā€™t see a doctor for weeks due to lack of money.

A taxpayer funded and still majority owned bank I think blowing millions no doubt on this waste of time and money for no purpose at all.

It does slightly grip me when the government bleat on about lack of funds, well thereā€™s money for this. Perhaps they should be more hands on the RBS and get it to making some decent returns back for the taxpayer, and not let it get p&Ā£ssed away with consultants fees for nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.