Tymit Digital Credit Card

I’d gladly take that, mine isn’t quite 1/10th of yours but close. It’s a joke of a credit limit compared to the rest of my cards, but I got to live with it for now

I don’t even think I have terrible affordability – always have quite a bit left at the end of a month

1 Like

I got rejected for Monzo flex the other day so I think a lot of borrowing with fintechs is a bit of a lottery.

Mine is £500! Useless, really. My other cards are more like £10k at the low end. I do understand the points above about their lending policy being tighter as a new entrant, but extremely low limits make Tymit very unattractive at the moment

Yes as soon as you pay back we will free up your credit just like any other credit card out there.

Exactly as @MichaelC stated that any overpayment won’t count as “paying” your next bill until the current one you are on has been closed.

Thanks @Pipo, but am I the only one confused by this?! I feel like I’m missing something super obvious, but I just can’t work it out :joy:

Perhaps time for bed

1 Like

In simple terms we are showing you, the customer, that the next bill “could” be partially covered by any excess you may have from paying the previous bill.
However, since you may still make purchases or changes to existing plans until the bill closes, we don’t lock that excess in to the next bill until the previous one is closed (and clearing/refunds/etc have had time to settle).

It’s a simple thing that sounds complicated :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think TyMit should make a What is Tymit advert style video that explains it all. Kind of like how chase bank did the what is chase bank video when it launched a few weeks back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any info on what this new app design is meant to be/look like? :eyes:

My main annoyance is that I can’t get rid of my notification badge without dismissing the useful “your card is on its way” message…

Had my first Tymit Direct debit ‘fail’ according to their app, so had to make a payment by bank transfer! Anyone else had any trouble with their direct debits?

Mine went out on 8th hear hasn’t landed yet, probably tomorrow it’ll update for me.

Mine went out on 8th and showed in the app a hour later and cleared the balance the next day

Ok maybe should give them a chance and not be hard on them, was just set up but showed in tymit and my banking app as ready to go. It’s from Santander account to claim switching bonus.

So questions from me would be

• how far in advance of your payment date did you set the direct debit up? It can take several days to set up the payment with your bank and then physically claim the payment - there may have not been time.
  • depending on your bank, you should be able to access a list of active direct debits, do you see the tymit one in the list as a new one? If so, you know it’s been set up.

-Direct debit was set up over a week ago!

• Tymit direct debit is showing on list of direct debits on Santander online banking and also as active inTymit app!

Yes I did wonder how long it would take to set up, but as both places have it listed as active, thought it strange it was not collected.

After using a Tymit card for the past few months it’s likely to be closed down.

1)Credit Limit too low. To keep a decent score it’s best to use only 25% of the limit. Not very flexible at £375.

2)Unable to find downloadable PDF statements within the app

3)Recently used the card to pay for an airfare.

Duplicate payments were presented. The pending payment was never removed by Tymit once the actual payment was posted. The airline in question add a unique reference number to posted transactions while pending payments just show the name of the airline.

Tymit originally dismissed the issue and stated that the airlines will present several payments to make up the actual fare.

As a complaint had been filed about a transaction I decided to pay everything off apart from the disputed transaction.

They eventually conceded that they were at fault and stated that they would give me £15 goodwill. This ended up to be only £10.

Unless there is a miracle it’s likely that my shredder will have a good feed and notice will be given for my account to be closed and followed up with Experian if Tymit play “stick their head in the sand game”

It’s a real shame as The Tymit Credit Card (not booster) is a really good idea. It’s a shame that technological glitches and possibly overwhelmed ? Customer services that do not keep their word let the product down.

This is an complaint I frequently hear about Tymit. It’s really concerning if they have no way to distinguish between just a hold that has not been claimed and funds that have been collected…

I have used them once now, and will likely try again next month. Then once those transactions are paid off I’ll make a decision whether I want to keep them or not

This is ashame for Tymit customers

Minor really, saves then from having the urge to shop with Amazon or they’ll go get a card that will work

2 Likes

It does work, which is why I’m going to have to find a workaround for my Prime and other subscriptions. Pain in the backside!

Curve maybe? Doesn’t Tymit do a fee-free cash allowance, or am I imagining?

1 Like