Travel Insurance used by Monzonauts - opinions and tips

…are a waste of time for exactly the same reasons you gave about asking a group of people for their thoughts, it is a numerical mix of those grumblers plus fanboys trying to boost the score back up

1 Like

@anon44204028 Yeah, I meant anything medical in my previous post, probably including medical evac and related elements.

That depends on perspective. I never missed my flight, or was even close to missing it. In your case it definitely makes sense to have missed flight cover, but I’d be happy to have insurance without it. I’m more likely to have flight delayed and get compensation from the airline, that I don’t need extra compensation from insurance (if I’m even eligible for 2 compensations for same event in the first place).

1 Like

Yeah it seems like there’s two fairly distinct uses really:

• cover to ensure you’ll be safe and cared for properly in the event of a disaster - e.g. serious medical issues in the US - where the potential cost is very high but the risk is low
  • cover for inconveniences or unexpected (but relatively insignificant) costs

Generally the latter shouldn’t cost much premium-wise, but could cause problematic behaviour. For example, if you know you’re covered in case you’re late, you might not put much effort into trying to be on time.

I made quite ugly yay/nay mockup of one of the offers few mins ago and it really matches your user types:

This car hire is most funny - I don’t even drive, but if I want to have higher medical cover, I get car hire excess anyway. :thinking:

Yeah, so not well customised to your use case at all. That is one thing we’d make sure to do - making sure it suited exactly what you wanted.

@billinghamj If Cuvva decides to go that route, I volunteer as guinea pig if ever need one! :slight_smile:

Overall, it’s not like I’m absolutely unhappy with the whole package and old-school insurance packages. But if someone offered me something better, I’d be really happy. Easy onboarding based on my existing profile… (no, I’m not diabetic/asthmatic/suffering from what!?/…/…) and clear rules that don’t change with every country - that would be cherry on the top.

1 Like

Exactly but it’s still the best available metric, you can compare the relative ratios of grumblers to fanbois for each provider