Tom in the Sunday Times! (16/09/18)

I feel so happy to be in the 25% that are over 40 :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Does that make us cool and edgy? Down with the kids? :rofl:

I want to see how long it takes for @Rat_au_van to make an official complaint…

2 Likes

Does official complaint include a loud expletive filled rant? Because that’s done already

6 Likes

With £120k he could do with some shoes with better grip! He’ll be sliding all over come winter.

6 Likes

This link should work for everyone (as a subscriber I can send a token which allows access)

7 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

All the talk is millennials, however were already onto GenX

Isn’t Gen X the generation before millennials (Gen Y)? Aren’t we onto Z now - and wondering what comes next?

2 Likes

People? What’s wrong with just saying people?

10 Likes

Everyone has to be put in a box … don’t ya know

2 Likes

Here are the definitions!

Click the down arrow on the quote for more clear definitions of Generation Y (Millennial’s), Generation X and Generation Z.

I love that thread. What started as a throwaway comment by @Rat_au_van in another thread made it as the most random opening statement in a brand new conversation. :joy:

2 Likes

I missed this from my summary - thanks to KieranW on Slack for spotting it:

It is planning to launch interest-bearing savings accounts with another minnow bank later this month.

:raised_hands: :soon:

4 Likes

Great read thanks for sharing!

1 Like

“We’re giving them the tools to feel like they’re in control,” says Blomfield. A interesting comment, as feeling in control is not necessarily being in control. Was that deliberate? Or am I just over thinking things on a boring Sunday afternoon…:thinking:

Overthinking a bit I recon, I never even felt in control at my previous bank. The budgeting tools have definitely made me feel incontrol more, even by only paying the same set of bills.

2 Likes

The important thing here is Bingo.

10 Likes

Dogs make everything better.

Without going into the psychology of it, there’s a difference between being in control and feeling that you’re in control. For companies like Monzo, I’d imagine they aim for both - is usually harder to create the illusion of control than just to give it to you. And it’s pointless to give you control but for you not to feel like you’ve got it…