The Monzo Extraordinary Ideas Board!

Hello!

Okay, I have some ideas which I thunk wold be really helpful!

1. Online portal, so I can see what I see on my phone on my computer.

2. Transfer money out of monzo. So say I top it up £50 every week, at the end of the week, the remainder of the initial top up is transferred to either a separate account or back to my bank account.

3. Split items. So, if I’m buying something on Monzo, and want to split it, have a button on the transaction, where I can send a monzo.me link, and when the person pays the specified amount, it comes off my spending total - so only my share of the payment is counted on in my monthly spending report.

Naji’s just added some new ideas to the board :champagne:

And also added

For those who didn’t receive the monthly journal update, we’re now adding our favourite community suggestions weekly! Find out how to get involved here.

On that note, we’re still working on improving e-mail deliverability for the monthly Journal newsletter :thinking: In the meantime if you have a Monzo card, but haven’t received the newsletter and would like to, DM me with your e-mail address so i can be sure you’re on the mailing list!

Spend by company in current month.

When looking into a months spending and clicking into a category such as transport it would be useful to see how much is being spent with a company.

For example my transport category is made up for TfL and Uber. If I click onto Uber it tells me no. of payments, average spend, and total spend.

If i’ve accessed this from Febuarys spend report, it would be good to see another field ‘Spent in Month’ so I could see how much of my transport category has gone to Uber.

1 Like

Not sure if this is something you’re looking for, but you can specify ‘this month’ or ‘last month’ etc and select multiple merchants to give you a breakdown. At the bottom of the screen is the costs, with export ability.

Apologies if you’re on Android as this iOS at the moment. Android is coming though :slight_smile:

https://trello.com/c/sYMB5OFp/38-android-search

I’ve just looked at the board and noticed 2 of the ideas could actually be combined into 1 idea…It’s the replacement card is on it’s way idea where they basically want to not miss payments and the privacy.com style OneUse card idea…why not have a virtual card for subscriptions so if you do lose your card then your subscriptions don’t go out of sync…additionally you could maybe limit the merchants who can debit from it (not sure how feasible that bit of the idea is)

Has their been a suggestion for Monzo sending a notification on the anniversary of your account?

I don’t recall seeing anything like that, I suggested this one last month which is similiar(-ish).

3 Likes

Oooh, I like that. A personal touch.

1 Like

This has probably been considered already, but I thought I’d mention it explicitly. I would not want the “Taking a picture of a receipt should automatically place that particular transaction in the expense category” feature to be the default behaviour, at the very least it should be a toggleable option.

I keep a record of my receipts for every transaction at the moment as I use a separate budgeting tool with more fine-grained categories. Just because I take a picture doesn’t mean its a business expense.

5 Likes

Hi Tom,

I didn’t realise you could do that, but yeah that does provide the information - Thanks.

It would be good if this could be viewed on the company summary though - less clicks and all information that’s already there in the system.

Cheers,

Tyler

1 Like

Just updated the Extraordinary Ideas Board. Lots of great suggestions, great job @TomW [Tom Warren] (https://trello.com/c/Gprr6mUl/78-happy-birthday-message) and Emmett Arthur (sent via Twitter) your ideas made the cut! :tada: We’ve added a few extras from the team too, get voting and let us know your thoughts!

1 Like

When you update the Extraordinary Ideas Board, could you include a link to the community post / tweet that the idea came from?

It’d be great to see the link between these discussions & the ideas being picked up by Monzo.

And that should make it easier for users to find the discussion about the feature - for the community posts anyway.

Hey Alex, we always do (see above)? I haven’t updated the board today yet, just made a quick admin change to an existing card.

I see that now, my bad :blush:

Banking entertainment wish list

1 - graduated colour hue background to convey approaching spending limits (traffic lights, but like Fresh Air app)

2 - car dashboard view - turn phone sideways, see financial life as road with objects, signs.

3 - easy, fluent investment options for savings. Using a similar easy/educating interface format.

Just updated the badass ideas board! 3 new ones from @Bruce and @anon72173902 Great job and thank-you! Keep them coming please :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fair few new ideas just added to the board! Thanks! @satsoki1

Coming up with extraordinary ideas isn’t an easy job! Often the most inspired ideas come from relevant discussion and conversation rather than popping up out the blue. With that in mind we’ll be on the look out for extraordinary ideas in every thread in the forum and will be in touch if it’s something we’d like to feature!

3 Likes

I don’t use spending targets, but it would be great on the current months spending to have a projection of what your spending at the end of the month will be at your current rate, and maybe a comparison to average spending or last months spending?

1 Like

That’s exactly what the Pulse Graph gives you so I’m guessing you’re an Android user :slight_smile: it’s on it’s way for Android users too, you can see where it is on the roadmap here.