The Monzo Current Account Preview

Honestly, we haven’t decided yet — there won’t be a waiting list but we’d like to find a way for the community to be able to help their friends out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just got an invite, can’t wait to finally ditch Starling. :heart_eyes:

By the way all of you who are waiting for an invite make sure to check your spam/junk folder - mine ended in there for some reason… :sob:

3 Likes

But if there is no queue I don’t see the incentive for it or a reason for it. Maybe I’m missing something though and you have something special lined up.

You could just call the share option golden ticket as a basic way to link others to Monzo?

You could track referrals for some kudos but otherwise having a form of share functionality will always make sense. And if no queue then bonus.

2 Likes

Still waiting for the test flight email…

Also, as the current account switching service won’t be available for the test period… is it possible to make a switch to Monzo with some stuff partially setup already in Monzo?

A friend who was at the current account launch event last night said that @jonas said that he doesn’t know if we’ll get to keep our existing account numbers once the full account has launched. Is there any truth to this? I assume it was just a misunderstanding?

I’m fairly sure it’s been said at events and on here account numbers are fixed. It would be a massive pain to change them again for all incoming payments. Perhaps they meant the mastercard number on the front of the card is what would be changing? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I believe you friend was mistaken :wink: the account number will remain the same, the only question was around the card number - which may / may not be subject to change

But rest assured, the account number will be unchanged :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah what Marcus said is correct. The account numbers will be fixed but the card numbers may be changed as the cards are temporary for the preview.

2 Likes

Cant wait to ditch Starling too!! But now that the 1,000 Milestone has been passed I’m very confident about things moving forward.

4 Likes

Apologies, that must have been a misunderstanding. The account numbers remain the same :slight_smile:

12 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Overdraft position

Got my testflight email! Running through the remote verification process now, going smoothly. Set it to notify when verification has been done. Good job guys :+1:

4 Likes

Verification done! The app just shows the ‘Activate my card’ with the OMW animation. Didn’t people say they got their cards pretty quick?

2 Likes

Get all happy and excited I get an email, then to find out its from Ebuyer or Vouchercloud and it ruins my morning haha

2 Likes

@alexs Just from my previous question:

Also, as the current account switching service won’t be available for the test period… is it possible to make a switch to Monzo with some stuff partially setup already in Monzo?

Aww man. Can’t wait to get my CA after being with monzo since Jan’16!
Happy fort everyone who has it though!

1 Like

Emphasis mine.

What sorts of things (the “stuff”) did you have in mind there?

So I move over some direct debits to test with, and when the full account launches would I be able to do a CASS action to move the rest over and have the perk of 36 months for payments to be forwarded to my Monzo account?