The Monzo Current Account Preview

I am booked to visit Monzo towers and get my current account on Tuesday :tada:
Only concern is the best way to get from Guildford into London with the recent news about chaos at Waterloo… I am working so cannot afford to take all day over travel!
Looking forward to meeting some of the Monzo team and others from this forum!

2 Likes

Cannot you go London road (Guildford) station, change at Epsom and go into London Victoria?

2 Likes

Guildford > Clapham Junction > London Victoria

3 Likes

Have The Verge posted about it? We haven’t offered any early access to press AFAIK, he just must have been selected randomly for an event.

Thanks, though it looks like Clapham Junction is also on the avoid after 5pm list: http://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/disruption/details/C877AAD89EF148F6821622BA88B03F48
I am considering driving part way then getting the tube. Morden looks a good option as it should be a single train to Old Street.

The link does not work.

Yep! Most convenient way - make sure you get a ‘bank branch’ train and you should be able to grab a seat and relax all the way to Old St :sunglasses:

Not sure where you’re going to park though??

Alternatively you could get a train to Wimbledon station and then take the 131 bus to South Wimbledon station (a stop after Morden) and take a bank branch train to Old St.

1 Like

yup ill be keeping mine in a drawer for this very reason!!

Ah, appears to be mobile browsers only. :blush: Full browsers have to go via this page: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx - currently third item down.

Mikeee - thanks for the tips. There appears to be a small car park at Morden which I was hoping might be emptying at around 5pm. https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/morden-stn-lul/

1 Like

If you can drive to Morden the northern stret to Old Street is fine - pretty quick too. And you’ll get a seat since it’s the first station :smile:

1 Like

Following on from the above, if anyone can attend tonight’s event, I’d really appreciate it if you could take a photo of the slide showing the number of Monzo customers which looks like this. So that we can add that figure to our tracker of Monzo’s growth :pray:

4 Likes

I’ll try do so - although i’ll probably be tucked in the corner trying not to spread this cold I have! :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes

Any chance of knowing how many have signed up to the current account preview? I’d like to know my odds of getting picked.

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile: you can check that here -

That’s how many have current accounts. Not how many have applied for the preview. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

but doesn’t that just say how many have been handed out, rather than allow the calculation of the odds oif being invited?

1 Like

Well I just couldn’t pass up another :mondo: invite so train tickets booked for next Tuesday! Will be a nice long journey from Sunny (currently rainy) Yorkshire. :+1:

2 Likes

Ah, I misunderstood. No we don’t know that. But knowing the odds isn’t going to make you more likely to get one either :wink:

2 Likes

There is more chance of a lottery win than getting a current account at the moment haha

2 Likes

Just looked at the numbers. I think I’m going to buy lottery tickets if that’s correct. :joy:

7 Likes