The Monzo Current Account Preview

I would have expected a more even split for the preview too but according to Tristan it just hasn’t worked out that way (the split filling out the interest form).

At some point I imagine this will become larger remote batch offers to sign up/convert and that’s when I expect it will more closely reflect the prepay ratio 55/45.

1 Like

Makes sense, they should do one up north tbh, I’ve seen someone say on here they were travelling from Scotland for it (dedication!!) Why not come to Manchester again later in the year? :tada:

I just expected everyone to be really enthusiastic about trying the CA out but I guess they saw they had to travel to London and didn’t finish applying or something like that

2 Likes

I’m heading down Tuesday from Yorkshire! Not sure I would have done so from Scotland unless it tied in with other activities. A northern sign up would have been perfect. Will likely be remote sign ups the day after I get back :man_facepalming:t2:

I guess that men are more inclined to apply for the current account preview. With us women being fewer.

1 Like

this seemed like the best place to ask, whats the reason that you have to go to London offices to open the current account? is this likely to change soon at all so you can do it online/through the app?

1 Like

Eventually (in the very near future :wink: ) Monzo will shift towards sending debit cards via the post! :smiley:

It’s currently being tested :grin: but in the mean time while the numbers are low / the current accounts are just getting started, Monzo want to keep a good level of control on sign ups, etc. :slight_smile:

A few people have started receiving magical letters through their doors! :smiley:

https://community.monzo.com/t/so-this-just-dropped-through-my-door/15449

It’s only been 10 through the post so far.

1 Like

I think the main reason is to stress the pitfalls of it at the moment and give people the chance to wait for the tried and tested account in a few months

1 Like

:tada:

& also

4 Likes

I’ve been invited for the current account rollout for Android in London but I cant make the dates available. Can someone point me in the right direction of letting someone else take my place and i’ll try again in the next round? @tristan or @Naji maybe?

I think if you just don’t register, that’s all that’s needed. You’ll get another invite another time.

1 Like

I have a friend coming with me that works around the corner and just so happens to own an Android :eyes:

I’d be happy to offer £20 for the space if this can be arranged with the powers that be @naji @tristan though own an iOS device.

If there are any spare invites going for a current account (on iOS) because people can’t make it, I’d offer £50 to buy the invite.

1 Like

At the rate in which your prices are going up I’d hold out for a few more minutes…

8 Likes

Think :monzo: may have a new revenue stream :joy:

Not sure my friend is interested enough to join an auction. Was more that I’m already going and he was already coming with me and meets all the Android criteria (except having an invite which he doesn’t). :+1:

Though I have not had a response yet if he is actually allowed to accompany me without an invite (he will be pretty bored stood outside for an hour) :thinking:

Make sure they have been invited to the event and have a ticket. If not they will be refused entry

2 Likes

Ah :confused: thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

If we’re coming to an event and signed up with iOS, is there a way we can also submit our google play emails in advance?