The Monzo Current Account Preview

Not me thoughā€¦ :eyes:

1 Like

I notice that I still get the message at an ATM saying that the ā€œcard issuer might make a charge - so you wish to continue?ā€

I thought this was going to vanish with the use of the Current Account debit cards - or will this be the case when the final cards are issued as Iā€™m aware the nameless ones are temporary?

Iā€™d consider that a bug so itā€™s worth reporting via the in-app chat.

Iā€™m curious to hear what the teamā€™s answer is :slight_smile:

OK thanks - will do - will post anything I hear.

Been told it is something that might happen with the first generation debit card - and something hoping to be fixed with the new versionsā€¦

4 Likes

Correct.

For a touch of insider info, the very first debit cards we gave out (with the older Mastercard logo and the same chip as the beta) do not have our custom chip settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

If anybody reading this has one of the newer cards, check out this thread. :point_down:

3 Likes

I really hope this happens soon! Iā€™ve not been able to get down to London.

Are any of the :mondo: team able to comment on when this is likely to come to fruition?

1 Like

When I got my card Iā€™m sure I was told that they would be able to post cards out after theyā€™d ironed out any bugs in the validation process.

Weā€™re testing it now and will continue to do so in small-ish numbers in August. In September, weā€™re aiming to roll out about 15k cards through the post.

5 Likes

Amazing! Is the testing internal or is it small amount of public sign ups?

When are the next batch of invites due to be sent out?

I just got an invitation for the current account. Will be going to set it up on Tuesdayā€¦ Woohoo!!

1 Like

I just got an invite today so about now I guess. Mine is the android app.

If you use Android and iOS, can you use both once you get the current account?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve heard from another user that, thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing.

That replicates the behavior of the prepaid app.

1 Like

Thanks @alexs. Iā€™ll find out for myself on Tue hopefully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is it just investors being invited at the moment? As a few people I know of havenā€™t invested yet been invited and now have current accounts.

I was under the impression it was be investors first?

Nope :slight_smile: Itā€™s not just investors at the moment - I canā€™t find the post that described how the preview was going to be managedā€¦ But iirc investors have some sort of priority but not exclusivity :slight_smile:

I.e. Iā€™ve been invited next Tuesday and Iā€™m not a successful investor (I did try though :smiley:)

1 Like

Must of missed he post where they pulled the investors will be first to the current account. Bit pissed at that as that was part of the reason behind investing for the second time.

Hold that thought :slight_smile: Iā€™ll just find you the post from the team that explains whatā€™s happening here..

Edit

Here you go -

Also, even the press arenā€™t being given special access to the preview :joy:

https://twitter.com/sohear/status/896035105415868416

3 Likes