The Coral Core!

(James Amey) #21

It’s also slightly more glossy :wink:

(Allie) #22

It looks nice! Will it be a similar plastic to the clear Amex cards then? (It’s a glossier, smoother, more durable plastic than a normal card)

Aww man I got mine today and it’s got a white core :frowning:️ looks cool though, jealous of anyone that gets one :grin:

(MikeF) #24

I think the foot in the photo should have been wearing one of @hugo’s hot coral trainers.

(James Amey) #25

… My bad. I need to invest in more hot coral apparel!

(James Amey) #26

As I don’t have an Amex card I couldn’t say, but it seems about the same durability as the pre-paid card!

(Nicholas Robinson-Wall) #27

The first hot coral core cards will start arriving for customers starting next week :muscle:t2:

Investor cards will be hot coral core because they will be going via the same manufacturer as these :running_woman:

Current Account Investor Cards
(All Hail the Almighty Doge) #28

@nickrw Will these be sent out by default or do they have to be requested?

(Nicholas Robinson-Wall) #29

Once the manufacturer is ready to produce investor cards, any card order made by a customer labelled as an investor will automatically be an investor card order.

I’m not sure if we will automatically send investors who already have a current account card a new investor card once they’re ready, but after that point if an investor were to request a replacement card in the app it would be an investor card :slight_smile:

N.B. We’ve labelled customers as investors by matching crowdcube email addresses to monzo account addresses, which isn’t perfect. I’m checking if we have a way to label users who don’t have matching emails, but in the meantime COps are able to mark customers as investors.

Once we’ve been labelled as an investor is it safe to change the crowdcube email address?

(Nicholas Robinson-Wall) #31

Yes that’s safe, it won’t get removed from your account if you change your crowdcube email address.

These coral cores are just… wow! It’s surprising how big a difference it makes. Want one!

(All Hail the Almighty Doge) #33

Mine won’t match

(Georgi Bogdanov) #34

I am investor and already had current account card since I was part from the preview group. I just merged my accounts and deleted the other app. Would I be receiving new cool card or I have to request it a bit later ( when you sorted out the manifacture process)? Also I remember that it was mentioned that investors will have mark on the cards or something like that. Is this still true?

The card you have now will carry on working. When the Investor cards are ready I think you will get a feed item letting you know, or an email. It may be worth checking through in-app chat that you are marked as an investor (if your Crowdcube and Monzo email match this will already be done).

The new cards will be Investor marked :muscle:

(m3tax) #36

“nao” means “no” in several languages. really bad “leet speek”, or “millenial speak”, or whatever you were trying to do. :slight_smile:

(All Hail the Almighty Doge) #37

k

(leafybasil) #38

A card where the lettering/numbering doesn’t wear off in a week would be nice :smiley:

(Allie) #39

The best way to do this is an unembossed card with high quality printing, or, ideally, laser engraving.

(Michael) #40

The cost prohibits this I would think!