The Bank of the Future what do you think? 📣

Try to stay one step ahead of the game. I had some thoughts. could the Monzo card / app be used for our other day to day lifestyle needs?:balloon::video_game:

1. Use as a Digital Id (proof of age ect) :beer:

2. mapping / GPS data of places we’ve used our card transactions in real time. I call this (Monzo map view) basically a map and on that map a pointer to places we’ve been and we we’ve spent money :world_map:

3. keep personal information like car information ect. :red_car:

4. community voting for upcoming events and feature (makes us feel involved) :ballot_box:

5. any more keep it going… :black_nib:

Maybe make it more then just another banking app make this a really useful need to use every day kind of app. :iphone:

See if we could make a list of other app/ ideas that could be integrated together to make Monzo better…:page_with_curl:

2 Likes

Use as a Digital Id (proof of age ect) :beer:

This should go beyond proof of age - it would be great to actually have a way of cryptographically proving your identity - that would put an end to document forgery once and for all.

mapping / GPS data of places we’ve used our card transactions in real time. I call this (Monzo map view) basically a map and on that map a pointer to places we’ve been and we we’ve spent money :world_map:

Can already be done via the API. :wink:

keep personal information like car information ect. :red_car:

Your phone already has a notes app, and if that is compromised then I’m afraid a Monzo app running on the same phone wouldn’t be any more secure.

3 Likes

Sorry what I kind of ment by that was if the app know about information about your cars tax, mot ect it would be able to notify you and possibly arrange in the monzo market place for it to be sorted if that make sense. all within one app

2 Likes

How about applying for something online that needs your Id. would make my life easier :blush:

Yep could be used for that as well - the card should have a client certificate embedded in it; and with the appropriate reader (either contacted or contactless - the latter is already included in most phones) it can be used online.

1 Like

Estonia already has such a system in their e-ID cards, it allows you to cryptographically prove your identity, sign documents and log into websites.

Having something like this in the UK would be lovely, though a lot of idiots would reject it on the same reasons why the national ID plan was scrapped. Monzo however has a chance to make a difference as most of us are early adopters and would welcome such innovation - granted it would never have as much authority as a real ID card, but if it’s secure enough, it can still be used for a lot of stuff especially if using open standards. I would love to be able to sign in for stuff by just tapping my Monzo on a reader and have all my details validated instantly.

2 Likes