The 1p saving challenge!

I would love to see something like this. Ideally, I’d love to have the ability to “program” my pots, like a software engineer full of if statements and calculations, maybe even to do something on context e.g. If Spend at MdDonalds, then transfer £5 to food swear jar.

Weird example, but you probably get what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I wrote a quick twitter bot that tweets every day how much to save :sunglasses: and how much you should have saved by now, if you need to catch up. Let me know what you think!

https://twitter.com/365Saving

5 Likes

Brilliant :heart_eyes:

I like the backwards saving total, means by December you don’t have to put so much in. Might do that one next year :thinking:

1 Like

Great stuff! Just shared that on Twitter :hot_coral_heart:

2 Likes

Ah brill, thank you!

What I like about this is the idea of incentivising saving money, sort of like gamification of your bank account. In today’s world that makes perfect sense! I like the idea of little in-app challenges to help me keep on top of my money, even save up.

4 Likes

If I started today how much should I have in a pot :eyes:

Edit: I’ve just seen that brill twitter bot :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Kerrching! Happy £100.11 to those of you that started the 1p challenge on the first of Jan!

Quick Sneak Peak (sorry) of the 365Saving app :fire: - it’s a really simple one to keep track of how much you need to put in each day, and you can start your savings challenge on any day of the year :smiley:

It’s nearly ready for a very early release. I really could do with some willing guinea pigs - please DM me here or at https://twitter.com/365Saving if you’d like to help me get it ready for use. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m showing £98.40?

The chart you posted way back showed you added a penny a day for the first 20 days instead of the other way which is adding a penny a day from the beginning.
Think if you add that in it adds to the screen shot total

Nah it was a penny a day so we are on day 141?

*Image from last post

Yeah, £1.41 today. You’re still gonna have loads by the end of the year :woman_shrugging:

You might have seen the news about our IFTTT integration yesterday!

One of the applets we’ve pre-built for it is the 1p savings challenge! Check it out!

(And there’s also one for the £1 weekly savings challenge too).

4 Likes

Works well no notification and the first time was at 08:01

IMG_1824

2 Likes

Here’s the reverse version of the IFTTT recipe :wink: https://ifttt.com/applets/P6Tknd3X-take-on-the-reverse-1p-savings-challenge

2 Likes

If i activated this now, would it start now and end in a year’s time, or will it start as if we’re already part-way through the calendar year & then end December 30 2018?

As I understand it, it will start mid-way.

1 Like

If you activate it now, it will add £1.60 to your pot tomorrow.

1 Like

How did you make it?

Technical question, what would happen if there isn’t enough in your Monzo balance to cover the daily challenge if a) you have no overdraft b) you have an overdraft?