The 1p saving challenge!

£145.35

1 Like

Looks even better with Pot Goals image

1 Like

How you do that?

Enable goals in Monzo labs. Set the goal to £667.95. :sparkles:

1 Like

Go to account under Monzo labs select the toggle you will then be able to go to your pots and set a goal :+1:

1 Like

Cheers @redshift @AndySUK

Monzo should E-Mail these things :eyes:

Not when it’s in Labs. Stuff in Labs should be used with caution.

3 Likes

I know that but should defo mail TestFlight users

2 Likes

Sorry if I’ve missed it (A lot of comments on here) but if you all take a look at IFTTT they have the 1p savings challenge on there! An automated thing which will transfer the money to a pot for you.

Also, even better news, Plum now works with Monzo! https://friends.withplum.com/r/2NNg86

Give the link a click and sign up to Plum. They also now do Investments. It’s helped me save a decent amount over the months.

1 Like

Is there a way to get the 1p savings challenge to work on the Investec interest savings pot? (After you’ve funded it with the minimum £1000 first)

Can you not select that pot as the one to deposit it?

3 Likes

I would agree with the monthly steps…:roll_eyes:

Fair enough.

I think the post towards the top of this thread sums it up for me - saving small chunks daily will hopefully be unoticable.

1 Like

I’ve read about another similar challenge online: save £1 on Monday, £2 on Tuesday… and so on until Sunday, when you put aside £7. Rinse and repeat every week or just put aside £28 at the end of the week and by the end of the year you should end up with ~ £1450 :ok_hand::moneybag:

If you’re serious and committed about this, you can create a new pot and set it to unlock only at the end of the year! Now that’s a proper challenge! :wink:

1 Like

I had to restart my 1p savings pot. Can someone tell me what their pot is on today please? I’ll top up automatically. Thanks.

£24.85

1 Like

Can this be used with a joint pot, or is limited to a personal account?

Pretty sure it’s personal accounts only. Don’t think IFTTT recognises Joint Accounts.

1 Like

Looks like that is the case :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.