The 1p Daily Challenge 2019

I started towards the end of the year so only managed a £100 or so quid.

Unsure if I’ll do it again or not as I already save from my salary every month.

I started in June Last year, but I have been doing it manually everyday :sweat_smile:, I’m keen to set um an automated process. I figured any savings would be an nice smartphone upgrade in 2020.

I’m going to do the £1 challenge. £1 week 1, £2 week 2 etc and it’s going into a locked pot til Black Friday which I’ve already set up. Should be £1081. Not sure if there’s a IFTTT for that

Don’t like my balance not being rounded so the 1p challenge would annoy me :grin:

9 Likes

I think there is actually, :+1:

1 Like

I started it when it was first mentioned and did it manually then switched it to IFTTT.

I am guessing no adjustments will be needed to move to 2019?

2 Likes

Here is all the IFTTT variants to consider in time for the new year!

7 Likes

I don’t think it will need to be adjusted, though I assume it will start back at 1p, right?

:man_shrugging:

Correct!

Unless you do the reserve challenge which would mean saving more at the beginning of the year and keeping it small during Nov/December when spending is traditionally higher :slight_smile:

Excellent, just turned that on :boom:

I be doing 1p and £1 a day tings

Why manually? Just set the challenge off in IFTTT and it does it for you?

I’m going to do the reverse 1p Challenge. I will probably need to reduce the amount I invest in my ISA first few months but won’t harm having some more cash holdings. Is anyone locking their pot? I should but won’t!

I’m debating doing the reverse :thinking:

I just spent some of last year’s :see_no_evil:

20181231_153729

5 Likes

I started the challenge in June which meant I would start by saving around 1.71 per day rather than starting at 1p. I think the IFTTT uses the day of the year to determine how much to save per day.

I would like the £1 challenge in reverse … :thinking:

@kieranmch pretty please :heart::hot_coral_heart:

4 Likes

Tried it last year and had a panic at 2am one day why 1p left my account…

4 Likes

sounds good. i’ve turned it on.

I would like this too! :smiley: