Starling or Tide Business Account

Good to know. The concept shows promise, though!

2 Likes

Yep definitely. Can’t wait for them to be ready and become a proper bank and then I can finally ditch Starling & FreeAgent.

2 Likes

I’m with HSBC commercial they are ok but nothing to write home about.

Metro seem good if your near a Metro.

1 Like

Starling accounts opened this morning, it took minutes! I’ll leave the personal account empty and just move my HSBC business account over in the new year. Next up is going #fullmonzo so I don’t have to use my HSBC personal account.

Thanks for the advice.

6 Likes

Another one I’ve just found:

1 Like

Can the code you created for FreeAgent & Starling be adapted to work with SageOne & Starling?

Thanks.

I’m a Coconut user myself, tried Tide but I think Coconut is more Monzo like and I like their roadmap better. It’s still early days and I expect they’ll launch a lot more features this year. I like the fact that they categorise all my payments automatically and give a tax estimate as well as details for filling out your tax return, you’ll be able to submit digitally in the future. Tide doesn’t seem to be doing anything for me, been a bit stagnant for a while and no way to really do the accounting side in the app, which Coconut offers.

1 Like

I use Starling and haven’t had any issues, but nothing has blown we away… Ill be moving to Monzo Business when they offer this (Even if there’s a fee).

I’ve got both Starling and Tide and I’ve actually found that Tide works quite a lot better in most circumstances.
The payments are pretty instant, the app works well and their support has been excellent when I’ve needed it.
They also have other currency accounts available which suits my usage quite well.
Having said that I will be switching to Monzo once the business accounts become available as Tide seem to be a little less transparent overall.

I’ve been using Tide for about 18months. It was ideal for my needs. All transactions are digital (outgoing & incoming) and had the benefit of the web-app. When doing admin tasks it was good to just work through the web-app than the iphone app. I quite like the ability to have different accounts for tax etc. HMRC DDs directly come out of the TAX/VAT account. The 20p transactions costs (non-tide transactions) did not bother me as it was still cheaper than the £6.50 I was paying at Lloyds.

However, I recently opened a buiness savings account and found that it did not accept transactions from Tide. My initial deposit got “lost in the system” for a couple of days as a result. It seems when making transfers Tide uses a different account & sortcode - similar to what many building societies use. Sadly this is not a feature that works for me and I’m likely to move. Thanks for the tips in this thread…

1 Like

I forgot to add that it (Tide) has feeds that link into Xero. That works just fine and a lot more stable than Lloyds as an example. Starling now offers feeds to xero …

Been using Tide for over a year now and it’s great, now links with seamlessly with Xero too. Best thing for us is you can have 2 accounts in 1 app dashboard so we set up 2 to separate different areas of our business. Faster payments tend to be slower than Monzo and can take a couple of hours so not as instant as Monzo but it works for us.

I use Starling - but then purely because my business relies on making/receiving international payments, I’ve got suppliers in the Netherlands and America who prefer payments by bank transfer.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.