Starling Feedback

Monzo is for people. Starling for elite people… looks like that

Interesting theory - Why do you think that is out of interest?

6 Likes

Maybe is the lower overdraft fees and interest under £1000 or free cash deposits…

Hang on…I’ve got this the wrong way round haven’t I??

6 Likes

As I said in this thread, before it was hived off into the Bank Awards thread, I’m seriously thinking of checking out Starling later this month when my closure ‘ban’ ends. Starlings for the average person positives, over Monzo, only seem to increase.

3 Likes

I just can’t with Starling’s “will this do” attitude to customer service. It’s a game changer for me, because, on paper, Starling provides me the perfect product.

3 Likes

Starling has been well good last 2 times I contact them. Quick and helpful.

This time last year it was a pile of…

2 Likes

Sorry about that! I should have left that one here, but trying to undo it now would unleash the hounds of hell. Or something.

On Starling, if you’re curious, give it a go!

2 Likes

No problem, it made sense to split it :+1: , I was agreeing with @anon40728597 comment but forgot to click reply from him.

2 Likes

Well Starling Customer Services took 12 minutes to reply to say I can open a new account from the 16th.

Okay, it was an easy email to answer, but still prompt.

4 Likes

Oh I just saw, you don’t need a new card to use it at PO. That’s probably good news cost wise.

Interesting why one of Monzo’s stoppers was their chip.

1 Like

Interesting. I might be misremembering, but I thought that was one of the original reasons for the new teal card?

4 Likes

I remember them at some point (on their forum) saying that customers will need new cards for PO deposits. Looks like they’ve found a way around it, which is good news for both them (cost-wise) and for customers (who don’t need to replace their cards first).

1 Like

It’s annoying there’s no mirror / archive of the forum. Lots of useful stuff to refer to on there!

5 Likes

It is good they found a way. My partner has old card for joint… :grin:

I think it’s generally a good announcement all round especially after the forum thing.

3 Likes

Are they saying they only have 1,625 customers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Starling/Post Office deal goes live on Monday

Have they announced charges yet or is it free?

lol… I believe its free up to £20,000 , yes £20K of cash you can pay in free , no charge , nada , zilch , undoubtably it blows Monzos offering out of the water :slight_smile: :slight_smile: quite why I would have £20,000 in cash who knows :tired_face: :man_shrugging:

its arriving on Monday as well :tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Confirmed on twitter as well.

2 Likes

The cheque thing is a bit of a cop out though…