Starling Feedback

We’ll keep all the discussion here for now, ultimately this will be a hot topic of discussion for a few days and then there won’t be much that hasn’t already been said, and it’ll return to general discussion about their app/features etc.

I suspect there’ll be a great deal more activity on this thread over the weekend, so we can re-evaluate if necessary over time, but right now having multiple threads doesn’t feel like the right move, IMHO.

14 Likes

That’s great, just hope it doesn’t end up butchered again once discussion dies down.

tenor-46485024

12 Likes

The hero we deserve but not the one we need right now? :grin:

1 Like

Great Post Simon :slight_smile: - The warm welcome that everybody has come to respect Monzo for.

7 Likes

OMG this is gonna be just like the late great Apple Pay Thread (RIP :crying_cat_face:)

giphy

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

unbelievable by Starling - I give them two years

Wow. I thought they would give at least some notice (maybe a week?). Glad I chose Monzo :heart:

I reject that characterisation of Batman.

But my favorite superhero existed both in comic books AND in real life :joy:

Leaked footage of Anne Boden preparing to take the forum offline.

12 Likes

Is this the place ex Starling community members check in?

11 Likes

The more the merrier!

2 Likes

What’s interesting is that disillusioned Starling customers won’t abandon their unhappiness now the forum has closed, they’ll just express it in other places like here where Starling have a limited ability to respond or censor and suppress.

A very stupid move in my view.

17 Likes

Re: their tweet.

For “Having a community forum hasn’t turned out the way we would have hoped”

Read instead

“We didn’t get nothing but gushing praise so we shut it down”.

2 Likes

I was actually having a discussion with someone in the Office on Monday regarding Starling and it’s forum as well as Starling as a whole, as you do. He pointed out, that when Anne was at RBS they looked at ways of interacting with customers and Natwest launched a consumer forum just after she left, then they closed them down after something like 30k customers joined it, because of the negativity. Which leads me onto the fact, Starling and RBS are working together, RBS don’t want an open forum because of the problems it caused in the past, then all of a sudden a transparent open bank like Starling shuts the forum down, just weeks after announcing a tie up with RBS. Obviously could just be coincidence, but rarely a coincidence is a coincidence in a the banking world.

16 Likes

So one of the threads before the delete was about how we don’t want to see adverts, this was in the transaction feed.

I said this needs to be shutdown before we start seeing adverts after you login to the app.

My wife’s Starling has an advert on the pulse screen for an overdraft which appeared tonight.

:thinking:

1 Like

I’ve always avoided this thread, but just heard the news and couldn’t resist dropping by…

I’m stunned reading the statement, and slightly dazed and confused. I’m can’t quite grasp how closing a forum will aid the pursuit of transparency and reaching out to customers. Perhaps encouraging and engaging more customers to join the forum may have been a better move than cutting everyone off.

The arguments put forward are the same challenges that Monzo face in terms of customer sensitive queries, and while there have been some ‘hair raising’ moments and exchanges, in general these have been handled well.

Forums can be resource intensive though, so I understand if there are other operational challenges (like service, growing the customer base and of course the ‘help’ being offered to RBS) then forums do rather take the focus away from the core activities. So I can understand.

But still, I think it’s short-sighted and something they will come to regret in future. And it does sound a bit like an excuse - learning already from RBS :wink: :wink:

6 Likes

Some people on the forum were some of the biggest fans of the product.

Now they have been driven to a rival’s bank forum and have been actively welcomed here. This is a nice refreshing response. Its also interesting that the Starling community is now in the Monzo community.

We like fintech, sure there there can be some friendly discussions on what product or service is better but we share a common ground that we are fans of fintech, technology and products that challenge the market and this forum allows open discussions. Together we can learn from each other and grow together.

Thank you Monzo forum for allowing open and active discussions on all things fintech and for making this a welcoming place even for people who have a preference for another product. But ultimately both Monzo and Starling are challenging the market. Even if the products differ they are pushing the bigger banks to rethink how they do banking which is good for consumers.

15 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts 14/09/18