Starling Discussion & Feedback

Disappointed the advert isn’t in portrait mode.

12 Likes

Feeling mildly threatened by that one.

5 Likes

I thought their branding was purple and white. I’m surprised Fortnum and Mason don’t have trademarks for eau de nil and white…

1 Like

They changed their personal account cards from people purple (landscape) to teal (portrait) a while ago. Brand colour has been a bit confused since.

(Though hot coral started as an add on to the Monzo band and that has stuck).

2 Likes

Advert looks decent, only feedback would be the card doesn’t stand out at all on that background and maybe they’ve crammed too much text into it. I got bored half way through.

2 Likes

There was me thinking Soylent Green was people.

1 Like

True, but I’d still choose new technology and legacy culture (Starling) rather than legacy technology and legacy culture (any legacy bank).

6 Likes

I agree that Monzo are truly innovative. My only concern is that they will reach a plateau in the not so distant future. At the end of the day, how many things do you want your bank to be able to do?

2 Likes

Not disagreeing, but I am not that old and I remember telling myself both that I did not need a mobile phone and (on several occasions) that my current mobile phone, now smart phone, does everything I need it to

Maybe I just do not know what I want from my bank yet :wink:

4 Likes

There is a TL;DR – “Banking. But better.”

1 Like

Think Tiffany had it even before F&M!

I’m disappointed in there being no green button. :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

True, Tiffany blue is a trademarked colour

no mention of F & M blue/Eau de nil
**Furiously starts the trademark process to steal Fortnum’s Eau de nil ** :joy::rofl::joy:

Just a random comment as we were talking about trademarked colours.

With colour trademarks, you are allowed to use a trademarked colour as long as you aren’t in the same industry as the competing company who claims the trademark. To be able to trademark a colour you have to have strong brand

Here’s a more in depth video:

I couldn’t disagree more. I understand you’ve personally had a bad experience with their CS but that’s by no means typical. I’ve had one or two replies that seemed scripted but the vast majority of my experience with their CS has been very positive. Most of the comments I read from other customers indicate that CS has been improving month on month.

Monzo have also had their ups and downs with CS. Again, I’ve found it to be generally very good but I did have one or two long delays in the last couple of months.

There are always going to be people who have a bad experience to report but, in general, I think both banks are doing very well in terms of CS.

How can you call it “the most useless and universally despised feature”? Although there is definitely room for improvement, such as being able to change the transaction period (week, month), I really like the feature. I know a lot of other people who like it too and it actually means you know exactly whose app you’re looking at when you see the screenshot, rather than a generic-looking list of transactions that could be from any bank.

I get you don’t like it but it’s a personal opinion stated in such a way as to appear factual. If it’s based on a survey that I’m unfamiliar with, fine, but at least state the source.

2 Likes

I have both apps on my phone, different people prefer different layouts, I virtually use exclusively one of them - I prefer it . I haven’t had to engage with Monzo CS for about 6 months, I did have reason to contact Starling CS recently , all sorted out very efficiently and very politely, CS wasn’t robotic at all.

Its OK to prefer one app over the other :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m going based on what I saw both here and on the Starling forum. Seems like this “feature” was criticised a lot and personally I’m also tired of having to swipe up on that thing every time I open the app (Monzo’s pulse is equally useless but at least I don’t have to swipe up every time.

5 Likes

Thought that was an advert for loot.io for a min

Anyone seen this… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

This is the same issue with Monzo and how they store scanned receipts I believe? I don’t know if Monzo also store the more sensitive passport/id documents the same way.