Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

Just in case anyone misses the actual in app notification when logging in

Thanks for posting - I don’t have anything in app to warn me -.-

2 Likes

It’s there this morning - along with ad for kids cards. R-

1 Like

An advert you can dismiss an all unlike Plus on my Monzo account

2 Likes

Is it just me or can you not get through to their live chat? I tried last night and this morning and still
The same :face_with_monocle: any ideas ? Have tried messaging them like in account / email and no response either normally there pretty good tbh!

It’s in a little (i) next to your profile picture in the “Home” screen.

2 Likes

Nope, nothing. Wonder why.

2 Likes

I don’t recall if this “i” feature is OS specific. Saw it today on my iPhone…

Very strange. Looks like this on mine.

2 Likes

It’s the top right on Android. And a splash screen when opening the app.

I don’t get a splash screen either

Edit: Seems there was an app update yesterday. Have the ‘i’ now. Seems strange that a version from a week or so ago wouldn’t have the upcoming service outage functionality.

4 Likes

Not sure how it has changed as didn’t look first :man_facepalming:

Looks neat :man_shrugging:

On Android, the transaction details screen has been revamped. Though they’ve taken away the pay again button, which I’m not happy about :joy:

1 Like

Ooh, I never looked there.

Easier on the eye now.

Edit: Don’t like the horizontal swipe now for the attachments. Preferred up/down :pensive:

Pay again? Maybe that was Android only I don’t recall that on iOS.

It was just a list of payees you can tap on and the usual pay button from there

1 Like

If you viewed a previous transaction, there was a pay again button - now gone. Maybe just Android. I’ve asked CS

With Monzo, a similar feature was, until recently, available on any incoming transaction that had been made via Faster Payments. Incoming transactions made via BACS didn’t have this option.

This is how you could differentiate between BACS and FP payments, but it has been removed unfortunately. Sounds like Starling has done the same.

Some sort of security/regulation change possibly?

4 Likes

Yeah, weird they’ve both pulled it around the same time

1 Like

Not to speculate too wildly, but perhaps they were advised to by the FCA?

I know Monzo posted here and clarified that it was for “regulatory” reasons (I think that was the wording).

I asked Starling this

And got the following unhelpful reply

It’s a bit annoying that a nice little feature just disappears without notice, explanation or warning.