Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

The press release for it and help pages also state more to come, such as applying for overdrafts and loans through it

1 Like

Am I just ultra late in noticing the revised icon?

2 Likes

I think it was the last update that did it, that’s when I noticed anyway

2 Likes

The subtle logo animation has returned in the website, which is a nice touch, and the new logotype is more small-screen friendly, in line with the mobile-first approach. The new type has also appeared in the refreshed tv ads, I saw this morning.

Leaves the typeface on the debit card design as a bit of a orphan, but I like the debit card design so I hope they keep that.

2 Likes

Android app still remains with the old icon, although mine was last updated 24th September, so I’m hopeful a new version is imminent.

1 Like

We just need to have this on Monzo.com now

6 Likes

Mine’s updated on Android :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checked now. No updates available. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Probably a phased rollout.

1 Like

Starling have just been announced the top ‘FinTech Disrupter’ in the UK by Business Cloud.

Welcome to BusinessCloud’s 100 FinTech Disrupters ranking for 2020.

Starling Bank tops the second annual ranking of the UK companies transforming banking, personal finance, payments, insurance, investments, charitable donations, accountancy and compliance.

The final ranking was decided by a combination of selections from an expert judging panel (see below) and a public vote on the 248-strong shortlist which attracted 5,000 votes.

The top 5 were:

3 Likes

At least three of those will be gone in a year, I reckon :pensive:

2 Likes

Very likely - in my experience Revolut are not doing well

1 Like

Mine was updated yesterday

2 Likes

I was originally signed up to 4 of the top 5 (never heard of snoop) and have now ditched 2 of those.

Currensea - although a good concept, the fees made them unviable. there are many many choices out there now with fee free overseas spending.

Curve - I honestly cannot see the benefit of Curve anymore.
Even their own advertising advises carrying a back up card just in case.
Surely that defeats the whole object of Curve :thinking:

I will however be keeping Starling and Revolut, as for me personally they do have value.

2 Likes

I have to keep my revolut account as they won’t let me close it, haha

Nothing invested in there, nothing in the open bank accounts, yet it says my account needs to be “Zero” to close the account itself

2 Likes

Interesting article in the Sunday Times; effectively Covid prevented Starling from having to return a £100m grant.

3 Likes

Strategic planning there by Anne

2 Likes

Starling declined to reveal how many Kite cards had been issued since its launch.

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

I’m always a bit dubious when they won’t release figures, did they have 100 and then run out or 5,000 it’s not really news worth reading without it

5 Likes