Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

Please let us assign them to a savings space…

1 Like

I would guess that’s the point of them following the ability to included or exclude spaces from the spending screen analytics.

Very good contender imo.

1 Like

I’m more curious to what the shapes are for on the top right of the card. Maybe for the colourblind?

Would imagine colourblindness yes. Good accessibility feature.

2 Likes

Business account, what a pain in the neck but I understand.

Hi **,

To help us make your card payment experience even better, we’ve been making some improvements behind the scenes. As a result we’ll be replacing your current card with a new one, which we’ll send you for free.

When will I get my new card?

We’ll send you an app notification to let you know when your new card is being sent out. If you have more than one Starling card, we’ll also let you know which card(s) we’re replacing. If you miss this notification, you can find it by tapping the menu in the top-right corner, then ‘Help’, and ‘Talk to Starling’.

You can continue spending as normal with your current card until your new card arrives and you have activated it. Due to postal strikes, your card might take a little longer to reach you.

You may have already received a new card from us, if that’s the case, just make sure you’ve activated it by navigating to the ‘Card’ screen in the app.

1 Like

My parents got the same email but for their personal accounts.

Luckily both my Starling cards are relatively new so I don’t have to do anything.

3 Likes

Could be a helpful way around not being able to have the Space names in Google Pay. Instead you could give each space a symbol which is shown in Google.

3 Likes

My guess will be Friday full announcement and released on Monday.

Did I get it backwards? :joy:

3 Likes

I got the same email and received a new card a few days ago, even though my old one didn’t expire till 2025.

What kind of changes would necessitate a card change?

Boden’s evidence to the committee in full is available here

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/852efe8c-f817-4e42-bce0-500fe09a7298

1 Like

I think they brought card processing in house a while ago so now they are probably trying to retire the whole system, mine has 20 months left on it.

2 Likes

Finally, I can hopefully have subscriptions and fuel from their own pots and cards.

5 Likes

I do wonder if they’ve missed a trick with the icons in the corner.

If they had used a petrol pump, a coffee cup, a trolley etc etc, obviously people would have complained that “I wanted my coffee to be orange and not green” etc, but it would have given a very simple hint as to what they could be as that’s something that is confusing with Monzo.

I think it’s better this way. Once you set it up, you’ll be able to remember that pink is for petrol and orange is for RSPCA.

If they did little pictograms it would limit use much more. What if they only give you a petrol pump, a light bulb, and a house, but I need a train icon?

5 Likes

Looks like they have announced virtual cards, up to 5

4 Likes

Good to see Starling catching up a bit.

Now, how long till it shows in the app I wonder……

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ha. Just need Monzo to “catch up” with things like:

• cheque imaging
  • free Post Office banking
  • internet banking
  • euro accounts
  • secondary accounts
  • connected cards
  • offset overdrafts
16 Likes