Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

I don’t think any of that will happen on Monzo’s end, they used PayPoint so they could pass on the expense of it to the customer, free banking?? Pfft

1 Like

I dont use any of those things so I wouldnt care. I do use virtual cards though.

If they improve their app design and font it would be nice as well as personally I dislike their design and font.

Also they could do something about their interest rate as well.

It would also be nice if, as a taxpayer, they didnt cost me so much with their defaulting loans which on paper seem to be occurring with a higher percentage then others.

1 Like

Pulse I can be done with.

Not sure why the font though. Doesn’t look off to me, unlike TSB, their font is a no.

1 Like

Free virtual goodies, me likes :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah its a very personal thing, I have just not been that keen on it especially with the layout/colour scheme on dark mode.

2 Likes

I like that they’re free vs plus/premium only

7 Likes

“Catching up” is pretty subjective, then, if you’re just talking about stuff which you like. You sound as if you wouldn’t use Starling even if they did “catch up”.

8 Likes

I love the people on Twitter posting “this sounds like a great idea” as if Starling invented Virtual Cards. :rofl:

7 Likes

I dont actually care what you think Jamie, you sound as if you would defend starling to any criticism regardless of how subjective or valid it is.

I would also like them to improve the app design/colours and font although I doubt the font will change. Virtual Cards was a feature I make heavy use of/value so yes I do think its a good feature to catch up too. I naturally dont care about features they/other banks have that a I dont have need/use for for myself.

I mean it is a great idea and also to get 5 free.

Just by typing that, doesn’t imply I now think Starling invented something.

2 Likes

Does make you wonder where people have been but then I look at my other half.

His head exploded when I explained curve and go back in time.

He has a Lloyds, and starling for ja and then monzo which he loves. Would’ve just stayed at Lloyds forever without me :joy:

7 Likes
6 Likes

Phased as not yet with android

1 Like

Quotes like this and some of your posts on the Chase thread recently really make me realise why there’s so few people here these days.

This forum is as busy as ever.

“It’s too busy, nobody goes there anymore”

5 Likes

Ignoring the attempted baiting above Revels post above… reddit must be a scary place for them.

Pity its not on Business (they are on Monzo, not sure about Rev) or Joint accounts but I would hope it would come at some point. They could even beat Monzo to it with joint accounts!

Also the £500 limit daily/total could be a pain for some if forgotten about or if you want a temp card for a one off transaction.

Bollocks, it has no use for me then.

1 Like

Pity it only works with Spaces. I’ve only ever used virtual cards as a security measure rather than spending from a pot.

That limit works for me, I’ll be using a card for my milk deliveries. No more having to leave money in the main account.

6 Likes

I wanted to use them for Subscriptions, we use the joint account for everything so if I have to use my personal account then I might as well not bother with the virtual card and space as it can just sit in the unused account and be paid from there.

2 Likes