Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

What was the last timescale inferred?

Just ā€œDecemberā€ I think, I could be misremembering though.

3 Likes

December in which year? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Definitely by 2042

4 Likes

Iā€™m predicting 12th December 2022, savings account no virtual cards.

5 Likes

24th as an early Christmas present from Starling

6 Likes

Hurry up already :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

And they will be title shirt sponsor next season.

3 Likes

:soon:

3 Likes

So, what are people hoping for/expecting with regards to the savings product? A proper savings account Ć  la Chase, or a partnered provider in the Marketplace?

1 Like

I reckon itā€™ll be a Starling based account and not through any 3rd parties. Makes more sense for them to do it this way then relying on anyone else.

3 Likes

I agree, given that Starling will want to take deposits to fund mortgage lendingā€¦

I need two things:

• a competitive rate (over 2.8% plsthx)
  • exposed in the Starling API and ability to show in Monzo.
7 Likes

Iā€™d wager more a Space opposed to an account. probs easier for them that way.

3 Likes

Space / account, itā€™s all same thing at the end of the day. Itā€™ll be managed by Starling and most customers wonā€™t care about the specifics about it, other than what the interest rate is

5 Likes

If itā€™s a Space itā€™ll offset the overdraft. If itā€™s a separate account it might not.

6 Likes
1 Like

If only the government had allowed additional checks to ensure affordability :eyes: was always going to happen regardless of what Bank was offering the service.

1 Like

This would suggest that Starling is actually an outlier:

Of the Ā£47 billion provided in loans through the Bounce Back Loan (BBL) scheme, Ā£1.1 billion of these loans are suspected to be fraudulent. Across the entire scheme, the BBB found that around 3.2 per cent of outstanding loans were in default and 7.6 per cent were in arrears.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure the last time this was mentioned I did the % and it wasnā€™t far out from the others. I wonder whatā€™s changed

1 Like

Posted on their Twitter - https://twitter.com/starlingbank/status/1600455099070939141?s=46&t=prQRcJL8k32k9tevCmjU5Q

5 Likes