✨ Spring cleaning: making it easier to manage your account & see Pots payments

I’ve enabled it and it’s only showing for the pots, not the main feed :eyes:

Ah you might need to restart the app too, we’ve put in some magic to enable more than one feature flag at once for this and it won’t work until the app starts from cold (which we normally guarantee by enabling the feature on our side rather than in your app)

3 Likes

That fixed it :grin:

1 Like

I’m on iOS 3.81.0, and enabled it in Labs, and now the performance of the app is horrifically slow & poor.

I’ve had to switch it off, so that I can use the app again. Sorry to be so negative. :frowning:

1 Like

Ah I suspect this comes from the fact that your app starts fetching all of the feeds as soon as you toggle the feature on - normally we hide this initial slowness behind the app’s launch splash screen.

If you don’t mind, could you try turning it on again and leaving your app for 30s or so and seeing if the slowness remains?

4 Likes

Just activated it. I love it. Nice and clean and now my pots have their own transaction feed visible straight away. I like it :clap:

2 Likes

Leaving it has definitely helped a bit, it’s quicker than it was originally. But it’s sill smoother without the split tabs :frowning_face: . Mostly seems to be when switching between pots in the card carousel that it lags a bit, and then catches up. I’m sure it’ll get better :+1:

1 Like

Shout loudly and start waving your arms if it remains bad with continual use! We’ve been poking at performance on iOS a fair amount recently and are still trying to find the right balance between fetching your data really fast and the smoothest app experience

7 Likes

Yea, I saw on the TestFlight quite a few performance releases etc.

If it gets worse, I’ll let you know. :ok_hand: have a great weekend.

3 Likes

Out of interest, why aren’t the 2 tabs on the loan repayment page? It has a blue button for manage anyway so seems like this new design would work well there

1 Like

I did all of this, and it seems to work OK for me except ‘Tap to find out more’ does nothing.

1 Like

Splitting the main drawer into Feed and Manage is incremental work, we’ve only done it for your main accounts and Pots for now, but are actively looking into what they might look like for other things like Loans or Connected Accounts etc.

10 Likes

Ooh good point, I’ve fixed that now, although it may not work for people who enabled them in Labs before I made that change.

2 Likes

Also had the very noticeable lag for a few mins whilst it took its time to fetch everything. But other than that looks great :slight_smile:

Can confirm.

(Edit: toggling off and on in Labs gives you a new feed item that’s clickable for anyone who wants the whole experience)

3 Likes

Have it and like it. Hopefully it’s the basis for more improvements :slight_smile: But as it is, much neater and more logical - great work.

Serious lag long after enabling the feature in labs here. I’m using the TestFlight version. Would it be worthwhile to send a report?

2 Likes

I’ve just enabled it in labs and had a quick scout.

I don’t use round ups as with your example so it’s slightly different.

However no notes on the pot feed is a glaring omission for me.

I have a number of pots for things, but let’s use a holiday pot as my example. I book a hotel with my monzo card, I add a note to the main transaction “hotel booking”. I will then deduct the amount from pot labelling that “hotel booking”, so the 2 tally up. They are usually in the feed next to each other as I do it straight away normally. Now if I were to go to the holiday pot feed and look at the withdrawal from the pot, that now has no note saying what it’s for. So looking back I would have no idea what that pot withdrawal was for if I was using the pot feed. Unless of course I look at the time, date, amount, go to the main feed and match the transaction. Which is a ridiculous workaround.

TL;DR please can we have notes for pot withdrawals on the pot feed.

7 Likes

No. See above. It’s a known issue it seems.

This is the reason why this “upgrade” is of zero benefit to me personally too.