Split The Bill Using Monzo.me on Android

9 Likes

I like this a lot, however it would make 3 times more sense if you’d support top-ups/ payments using apple/android pay.

Imagine this, after clicking on the link the user gets asked to confirm by touch id because the page supports android pay and remembers already you prefer that!

One thing I found mildly confusing with splitting the bill is that the app shows number of people you want to share with excluding yourself. Not sure which one is more intuitive, for me it should be the total number.

Android and Apple pay will be implemented once the current accounts go live. It doesn’t make much sense implementing it now then scrapping it to then do it again later.

1 Like

I understand. Is accepting android/apple pay payments so differently handled whether it goes to a pre-paid or debit card?

They would have to build it ontop of the wirecard system for the prepaid and then ontop of their own systemofdr the debit card.

2 Likes

@Johnomanolo Essentially it would be twice the work! We felt it would make more sense to hold fire until we launch current accounts to support both.

2 Likes

Is this just the first iteration of split the bill for Android? :slight_smile: I understand on iOS that you can split with :monzo: contacts? Is this a possibility in the future for Android? :smiley:

1 Like

I assume so - Monzo.me for iOS & bill splitting using Monzo.me for iOS had / have separate cards on the roadmap…

1 Like

Great minds think alike :wink: I checked out their Trello to see if there was any further comment on the Android split the bill (I got an email saying it was moved from near term to done) :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed another card pops up in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like