So what do people want to see in the next update?

I am new, so I wasn’t aware the pie chart suggestion was discussed before. In that case, I find it ironic and misleading that Monzo’s ‘Spending tab icon’ is in fact a “pie chart” (see image), yet spending analytics are in absolute rather than % terms.

1 Like

Overdraft facility and more categories for transactions. Once that has arrived I will close all my other accounts.

hopefully that will happen

-2nd chance for failed direct debits
-ApplePay

2 Likes

What can be done in pie charts can also be done in bar charts, but 10 times better. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Whether it is a bar chart or pie chart is neither here nor there; the point is Monzo should match Revolut’s clean % metric breakdown in their own way. I’d be happy with either. @hugo

P.S. Please substantiate how a bar chart would be 10 times better as a representation of %s of a whole than a pie chart? In any case, it would be marginally better for budgeting and I would argue making something simple more complicated than need be.

The ability to create your own spending catagories. I basically want to be able to chastise myself by seeing how much I’ve spent in the pub.

3 Likes

Apple Pay.
Rules for pots.
Apple Pay.
Apple Pay.
Apple Pay.

SPOILER: I’m getting fairly frustrated at waiting for Apple Pay and being told that you’d love to offer it, to wait, hang fire, give us time. I’ve been a member for over a year - you’ve had time and I’m rapidly coming to the end of my goodwill.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Personally, I could wait another year.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would ever use apple pay :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think I just had high hopes for it to come once the current account was launched… and I’ve been a bit underwhelmed by how little has changed since I swapped over - not just with Apple Pay, but with everything.

Then, when I was talking to customer services about something else, I asked about timeframes and got the same response as always. I think I just feel like Monzo has stagnated and isn’t quite living up to the high hopes I had for it.

I hope that I’m well and truly eating my hat one day.

4 Likes

I get that, it was a long wait until we got pots. But building current accounts & migrating users to them is hard. I have high hopes for this quarter :slight_smile: watch this space..

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

The above, and incoming payments from friends for food being deducted from my spending amounts.

2 Likes

Custom categories already, pleeeeeease!!!

One thing I would like to see, is £5 increments for top ups, up to like £25. I just think this would be really simple to add and I feel a lot of people would appreciate this.

2 Likes

Budgeting tool that actually works.

• Incoming payment categories don’t do anything
  • Payment categories not remembered for DDs
  • Budget period with configurable start date and payment frequency
  • Custom categories
  • Split payment between multiple categories

Or sort out 3rd integration so I could use other apps where budgeting is their primary focus. This would also help free Monzo up to doing bank stuff

1 Like

I think as most said, I am also want to see Rules implemented ASAP (even some basic implementation) and Apply Pay after. Bank statements would be very useful as well, that’s the last thing which is stopping me from closing my Barclays account.

2 Likes

Rules for pots should be moved higher up the list with the amount of posts on this forum for them!

2 Likes

Just a couple of things for me…

• I’d like to see the ability to add logos/improve names on direct debits.
  • To group payees together; for example my Natwest and my HSBC under one name. Or at least the option to assign them as ‘top-ups’ so they appear all nice and organised! :sunglasses:
1 Like

I would love to see:

Rules for Pots
Payee Grouping
Apple Pay
Predicted Payments
Better use of the Pulse graph? I don’t use it at the moment but maybe predict my balance?

1 Like