Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

It’s not designed to ‘log out’ every time. The app stays logged in and you open with fingerprint.

2 Likes

Yep as above, don’t use the log out function.
Just close the app or switch to another one. After a minute or so it will lock and require fingerprint to reopen.
Any moving of money or changing of account details will always require a PIN for security :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks - got it!!!

3 Likes

And welcome to the community. Get stuck in.

1 Like

Hi, basic question (I hope). Will Monzo accept an application from a business that has a recent conviction for fraud but otherwise a decent credit history?

Thanks in advance

My guess would be, no. But there is only one way to find out for sure.

1 Like

True
thanks

Somebody is trying to make a Forex payment from South Africa into a Monza UK account.
To do this, they need Monzo IBAN number. I ask this question on Instagram, but it seems like Monzo is not very active on their Instagram account. Trasferwise is not available in South Africa. I will be grateful is somebody can come back to me with the Monza IBAN number for Forex payments.

Monzo do not support IBAN. You could generate the number (Google how), but you would be using it at your own risk - it is unsupported.

You need to use a service which has an IBAN number. Monzo doesn’t.

That is disappointing news! Are Monzo looking at getting a IBAN number in the future? Room for improvement Monzo! For most Africa countries you need to do a Forex payment with a IBAN number when transferring money over country borders. I will see if Revolut will be able to help me.

This said, thanks to everybody that responded to my question.

1 Like

Nothing has been announced. Not long ago they partnered with wise.com to handle international transfers.

Hi, just joined.

My query is regarding the Monzo Business Pro service. Our business account is charged ÂŁ5 per month which is not an issue. However, does this amount include VAT and, if so, where do I get the relevant VAT receipt please? Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,
You’re probably best off asking in app chat, search contact us in the help section if you don’t see the chat button.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a first time user, how do I add cash in the account? Can I just go to a regular ATM and make a deposit to the card?

You can do it at any PayPoint.

3 Likes

In the app, under the card tap the ‘Add money’ button

Might just be me over-analysing your comment but are you an American customer? If so it will be different from the advice given above.

2 Likes

Caribbean in the UK just got the account

1 Like

What’s Caribbean? If it’s a bank, no one’s ever heard of it.